Closes: Thursday, August 25, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Certified North Carolina Criminal Justice general instructor; associate degree in related field and 3 to 5 years of experience in related field or have the ability to acquire required certification within six (6) months of hire.
Ability to speak Spanish is preferred.
This position has the responsibility to assist in the growth of law enforcement training and public service programs. The coordinator functions as the qualified assistant to the basic law enforcement training program director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Serves as the BLET qualified assistant to the director
- Support the director of security and serve as their designee in their absence
- Respond to the local law enforcement training needs by setting up classes, contacting instructors, completing required documentation as per college policy
- Assist with recruitment activities
- Participate and support with public service program(s) advisory committee meetings
- Facilitate and foster open communication
- Engage in building a collaborative, cohesive team
- Manage defensive driving program to include recruiting, scheduling classes, and providing accurate documentation