Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
340 Victoria Road
Asheville NC 28801
Closes: Monday, February 6, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Associate Degree;
2. One year of part-time or equivalent experience in an office or facility environment with current knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications;
3. One year of part-time or equivalent small business work, ownership, or related experience.
1. Experience working in higher education.
2. Experience working in a Small Business Center or Small Business Development Center.
3. Experience working with entrepreneurs.
4. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
Provides operational and facility support for the Small Business Center as well as for all entities that operate at A-B Tech Enka. Entities include federal, state, regional and college programs as well as private sector businesses that are incubating and college partners that rent space at Enka. Serves as primary point of contact for A-B Tech Enka which includes, but is not limited to, daily maintenance and plant operations, housekeeping, security, shipping / receiving and locksmith. Interacts with a wide variety of people including Small Business Center clients, A-B Tech faculty and staff, students, businesses that are participating in the business incubation program, their employees and customers as well as college partners that rent space at A-B Tech Enka and the general public.
1. Prepares and submits work orders for Enka facility as needed with appropriate follow-up.
2. Provides superior customer service to both internal and external clients. This includes community members, SBC clients, employees, guests, vendors and customers of both business incubation program participants and A-B Tech partners.
3. Manages room scheduling system for all classrooms and conference rooms within the SBC. Provides directional signs for SBC, Continuing Education programming as well as for business incubation program participants and A-B Tech partners.
4. Collects monthly rent from college partners and business incubation program participants and takes monthly deposit to Asheville campus.
5. Serves as liaison with USPS and other carriers for business incubation program participants and A-B Tech partners. Helps facilitate and resolve mail delivery and pick-up issues.
6. Manages all aspects of issuing keys, rekeying, dealing with lost keys and working with college locksmith.
7. Serves as liaison with A-B Tech police and all entities at Enka.
8. Communicates appropriate facility announcements with relevant tenants.
9. Maintains Pest Control Logbook.
10. Manages parking lot issues: openings/closings.
11. Creates and maintains monthly newsletter regarding Enka Facility.
12. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and RISE statement.
13. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.