Asheville Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Monday, May 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
***IMPORTANT NOTE TO APPLICANTS***
When Human Resources receives enough qualified applications, we will move forward regardless of the posted close date (required field), but the position will remain open until filled.
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Must have a minimum of an Associate’s degree;
2. Must have a minimum of four years of full-time or equivalent experience in institutional effectiveness and research in a college setting;
3. Must have a minimum of four years of full-time or equivalent survey management experience;
4. Must have a minimum of three years of full-time or equivalent assessment software management experience;
5. Must have a minimum of three years of full-time or equivalent experience with data analysis tools, such as Excel, PowerBI, or SAS;
6. Must have experience with Microsoft Office.
1. Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree;
2. Experience with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools-Commission on Colleges;
3. Weave assessment software experience;
4. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
This position primarily coordinates and assesses the continuous improvement of annual unit planning and its ties to budget and strategic planning; assists with institutional and departmental research projects; ensures timely and accurate external reporting; and supports the Executive Director in the operations of the office.
1. Coordinates and assesses the effectiveness of annual unit planning and its ties to budget, student achievement, and strategic planning.
2. Supports Unit Budget Managers in accurate, effective, and timely use of the planning and assessment software for strategic planning.
3. Develops and executes a comprehensive plan for stakeholder engagement to collect ongoing quantitative and qualitative data for institutional and departmental research projects, including, but not limited to, focus group coordination and survey strategies.
4. Develops and manages departmental communications, including SharePoint site, strategic planning documents, and updates, dashboard content, and instructional videos related to data literacy.
5. Ensures timely and accurate external reporting, including, but not limited to, the North Carolina Community College System, National Student Clearinghouse, IPEDs, and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools-Commission of Colleges.
6. Maintains data warehouse and cohort tracking.
7. Manages internal and external ad hoc data requests.
8. Supports the Executive Director in the operations of the office.
9. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and RISE statement.
10. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.