Closes: Sunday, February 12, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Associate’s degree required.
2. Knowledge of the scope, function and philosophy of student co-curricular programs in higher education.
3. Excellent communication and presentation skills in both group and individual situations required.
4. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations.
5. Some overnight travel as well as the coordination of Student Affairs and recruiting activities after normal business hours will be required.
Physical Demands: The functions of the job are usually performed sitting, standing and walking, but may involve some amount of stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, lifting up to 50 lbs., walking, carrying, and other movements may be required. All individuals are required to be able to perform these movements without a significant risk of injury to themselves or others, or to otherwise demonstrate or explain how they can perform the essential functions listed above.
1. Two years of experience in admissions, student activities, recruiting, program planning, or related area preferred.
2. Experience with social media marketing preferred.
Under the direction of the Dean of Student Services, the Coordinator of Student Activities is responsible for developing and supervising student co-curricular activities. The Coordinator focuses on developing and implementing a calendar of student activities and events to engage students and support their success. The Coordinator’s office is located in the reception area of Student Services and the Coordinator provides office coverage in the absence of the Division Assistant.
- Organize campus student activities and programs that promote and offer cultural, educational, recreational, and social value to WPCC students.
- Assist the Office of Advising with the development and implementation of student orientation programs.
- Supervise and advise all Student Government Association (SGA) activities on campus and facilitate SGA participation at the state level.
- In the absence of the Division Assistant provide office coverage which may include answering the phone and assisting students in the reception area of Student Services.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Western Piedmont Community College
Western Piedmont Community College, an equal opportunity employer, values and encourages campus diversity in students, faculty, and staff.