Morehead City, NC
Closes: Friday, February 7, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education: Bachelor’s degree and two or more years of experience in student activities or student oriented responsibilities.
Knowledge and Skills:
Strong computer skills; budget and communication skills; work experience in student activities, student life, or related area
Bachelor's degree and community college experience and
experience engaging and recruiting students.
Carteret Community College is accepting applications for a full-time Coordinator for Student Life. Applications will be accepted through February 7, 2020. Apply online at www.carteret.edu. Resume in lieu of our fully completed application will not be accepted. Include/attach a copy of your unofficial college/university transcript.
The Coordinator for Student Life is responsible for the overall development, management, promotion, and evaluation of Student Activities, Student Clubs, Veteran Student Success Center (VSSC), Minority Male Success Initiative (MMSI) and programs that enhance student learning and leadership. The Coordinator will also act as Student Government Association (SGA) Advisor.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Manage and supervise the operations of student activities in the Bryant Student Center.
- Works with college administration, students, and faculty to create and administer a college-wide activities plan for events that fosters learning, student engagement, and service, and promotes opportunities for personal growth and leadership development.
- Coordinates and approves the recruitment of new faculty sponsors/advisors for clubs and organizations.
- Serves as administrative advisor to the Student Government Association and works closely with club advisors and the Student Government Association Executive Committee including attendance at divisional and state level N4CSGA conferences.
- Develop working knowledge of overall operating procedures and policies of the College sufficient to provide the student senate and club advisors with correct operating procedures.
- Provide leadership in relation to all student activities, clubs, and organizations.
- Provide direct supervision over SGA, VSSC and MMSI.
- Establish and maintains effective working relationships with faculty, staff, community resources, vendors, and non-profit agencies in the course of Student Life activities.
- Develop, implement, and direct procedures and guidelines for student organizations that support CCC policies and procedures.
- Supervise sports, community recreation, and fund raising activities planned by student groups.
- Develop and oversees the annual budget for Activities, Clubs, VSSC, and MMSI while working closely with the Dean of Student Services.
- Design and implement a communication plan for promotion of college activities and events.
- Develop and monitor annual goals and objectives for all areas associated with student activities.
- Evaluate outcomes from activities and programs to ensure that the needs of students are being met.
- Maintain statistical reports, surveys and other records to assess accomplishments, appropriate student learning outcomes, and departmental needs.
- Compile and analyze data related to student participation and program evaluation; develop department work processes which facilitate attainment of established program goals and objectives.
- Submit request, records, and forms as required by policy and procedures.
- Encourage and support college activities, policies, procedures, and mission of CCC.
- Enforce rules and regulations in accordance with appropriate CCC policies which include the Student Rights and Responsibilities; and the Code of Conduct. Adhere to and guide students to adhere to applicable College policies and procedures as well as state and federal laws related to student government, campus events, student activities and programs.
- Other duties as assigned
Ability to lift 10 to 25 pounds when assisting in setting up events or exhibits; ability to move from building to building on and off campus; Preferred ability to drive students to off-campus meetings or field locations.
All job offers are conditional subject to a successful criminal background check.
Carteret Community College is an EOE/E-verify employer.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557