Closes: Wednesday, December 15, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree in Business or comparable field
- Two years of work experience in a community college or college setting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or comparable field
The Student Life Coordinator plans, schedules, and executes events as a part of the college’s Student Success division. This area includes Student Government Association (SGA), testing, and campus life activities. The coordinator works with faculty, administrators, and support staff to implement, evaluate, and refine Student Life to support student success.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Serve as Advisor for SGA and work with campus clubs.
- Administer placement and academic tests to students.
- Plan and implement campus activities as appropriate.
- Connect students to resources as on-campus
- Budget and request supplies for Student Government Association and student life activities.
- Coordinate with college departments and programs to keep students up to date on testing information, club activities, and student life programming.
- Compile data for Student Life activities and maintain records.
- Prepare annual plans and service evidence plans for the area as requested.
- Serve as an Advisor for the Student Government Association (SGA).
- Provide leadership and supervision to the SGA and its Executive Committee.
- Work with faculty club advisors, the SGA, and student clubs to plan Fall Fest, Spring Fling, and student activities, and assist with the Honors Ceremony.
- Advocate for club participation and support and encourage the creation of new clubs and organizations.
- Participate in N4CSGA, the Student Leadership Institute, and other professional development opportunities.
- Provide means for steady growth of students involved in student leadership and SGA within a campus culture of service.
- Assist with campus activities as an SGA representative as well as a part of the Student Success area.
- Oversee Food Pantry, establish volunteers to work in pantry, and set hours for Food Pantry operation.
- Create and maintain a Student Ambassador program.
- Work with Marketing and Outreach to promote the student experience.
- Manage, schedule, and administer placement and academic testing.
- Develop and maintain a schedule to offer testing services for college enrollment and academic (both SCC and non-SCC) programs.
- Work closely with campus resource coordinators at other campus locations to ensure adequate service offerings are available for the students in those service areas.
- Develop and maintain cooperative relationships with college faculty, staff, and administrators, with regards to testing services.
- Project testing needs, in alignment with the budget cycle.
- Establish and maintain procedures and processes for testing services at all campus locations in alignment with the Code of Fair Testing Practices in Education.
- Maintain an ethical, confidential, professional, and secure testing environment.
- Remain current on statewide and national practices and initiatives as it relates to college enrollment testing.
- Serve as the college's College Level Examination Program test administrator/proctor.
- Serve on a variety of institutional committees and attend conferences and workshops pertinent to the position.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Specialist
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001