Closes: Monday, November 15, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in education or related field.
- Three years of work experience in an educational environment.
- Three years of administrative experience in an educational setting.
- Knowledge of principles of experiential learning in Adult literacy and contextualized curriculum development.
- Knowledge of Career Pathways models and transition programs.
- Knowledge of principles and methods of marketing, electronic marketing, and program promotion.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal relations skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Three years of administrative experience in an educational setting, preferably in Transitional Studies in a community college setting.
- Knowledge of effective counseling skills.
Under the general supervision of the Dean of Student Learning & Innovation, the Coordinator of Transitional Studies is responsible for the administration and supervision of SCC’s Transitional Studies Programs. In order to fulfill the requirements of the position, the Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Explores, assesses, and implements appropriate instructional technology to enhance student learning outcomes.
- Directs the evaluation of Transitional Studies classes with the assistance of Transitional Studies staff.
- Supervises High School Equivalency test operations.
- Recruits, interviews, and provides orientation for new instructors.
- Provides effective coaching, mentoring and performance management for Transitional Studies staff and faculty.
- Designs and implements a progressive marketing plan for all Transitional Studies Programs.
- Supervises recruitment/outreach efforts for all Transitional Studies Programs.
- Develops and directs career transition programs and pathways, working collaboratively with appropriate college personnel.
- Supervises and directs the annual staff and instructor evaluations for Transitional Studies personnel.
- Coordinates the purchase and allocation of supplies and materials to the various Transitional Studies Program areas.
- Develops and implements Transitional Studies Program plans.
- Ensures that all Transitional Studies programs are in compliance with SCC, federal and state policy and procedures.
- Ensures faculty and staff understand and follow state and National Reporting System guidelines, including the state assessment policy.
- Assesses professional development needs of faculty and staff to ensure that they remain current on evidence-based practices; provide tools and support for faculty and staff to monitor and analyze student and class data; and initiate program improvement strategies.
- Designs and supervises Transitional Studies professional development activities.
- Seeks external funding sources for Transitional Studies activities.
- Supervises grant funded Transitional Studies related programs and activities.
- Maintains working relationships with various interest groups, civic clubs, agencies, businesses, and industries to promote Transitional Studies Programs.
- Facilitates an environment that encourages creativity and shared leadership.
- Conducts regular staff meetings with Transitional Studies staff and instructors to communicate college information.
- Attends college meetings and events.
- Serves on college and community committees.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Dean of Student Learning and Innovation.
- Supervises Transitional Studies classes and program delivery.
- Represents Transitional Studies in division and college planning and decision-making processes.
- Supervises the data reporting for Transitional Studies performance accountabilities.
- Maintains strong working relationship with the NCCCS staff and regional Transitional Studies Directors.
- Develops additional Career Pathways for Transitional Studies Plus.
- Supervises Transitional Studies Plus Instructor and Career Coach.
How to Apply
Excellent references from previous employers must be furnished upon request. The successful candidate must begin work on January 3, 2022. Salary is dependent upon qualifications, experience, and labor market.
A completed Southeastern Community College application (located on the SCC website), a resume, letter of interest addressing the position requirements and college transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position. Initial review of applications will begin 11/8/2021. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, P.O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Post Contact