133 James Sprunt Drive Kenansville, NC 28349
Closes: Monday, August 8, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
QUALIFICATIONS: Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Flexible schedule (able to work evenings and weekends as needed).
Proficiently operate a computer and related software.
Use active listening skills.
Be organized with a flexible attitude.
Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
Function in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to show initiative and self-direction.
Proven ability to concurrently address issues of various levels of complexity.
Ability to communicate effectively through speech and writing.
Ability to identify, communicate, and analyze problems.
Ability to take ownership and utilize constructive feedback.
Must be punctual, professional, and ethical conduct oneself.
Ability to plan and prioritize tasks.
Ability to work respectfully within a team environment.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: Any combination of education and experience demonstrates possession of the requisite knowledge, skill, and abilities.
Required: Associate’s Degree in a field related to Education, Business, Workforce, and/or Economic Development or Adult Education Administration.
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to Education, Business, Workforce, and or/Economic Development or Adult Education Administration. Bilingual; Career Readiness Certificate (CRC)
Required: Considerable experience in training programs.
Preferred: Some community college experience is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus. May require travel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here represent those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in indoor conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position description covers the essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisor personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION:
James Sprunt Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College prohibits discrimination against any person (including staff, faculty or student body) on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, or age. If you need assistance or accommodations please contact 910-296-2400.
This position is open until filled.
The Coordinator for Work-Based Learning/ and Apprenticeships will manage Work-Based Learning (WBL) credit-based employment, assist students with apprentice employment opportunities, and assist employers in the Duplin County area with the development, administration, and registration of apprenticeships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive. Incumbents may not perform all the duties listed, while in other cases, related duties may also be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities the ability to perform essential functions.
- Build and maintains positive relationships, communications, and collaborations with and among faculty, staff, administrators, employers, and students
- Builds relationships with employers, trade associations, economic development, and state and county organizations fostering the development and growth of work-based learning and apprenticeship opportunities
- Conduct orientation sessions for students and prospective students on WBL/Apprenticeship opportunities and requirements, including paperwork required
- Develop Work-Based Learning and Apprenticeship opportunities for employers. Visit and meet with employers on a regular basis.
- Responsible for compliance with NC Community College Guidelines and JSCC related to WBL and Apprenticeships
- Responsible for the administration of WBL courses, schedules, administration, audit compliance, and all other curriculum management for these courses
- Collaborate with Marketing and Recruiting for advertisements and publicity related to WBL and Apprenticeships
- Provide support for faculty who are instructors of record for WBL students. Consults on documentation requirements, signatures, and dealing with student/employer concerns
- Maintain business relationships with participating businesses for new job openings and apprenticeship follow ups and program monitoring
- Provides data and reports to the North Carolina Community College Systems Office Apprenticeship NC program as required
- Coordinate with the North Carolina Community College Systems Office to ensure proper registration by completing the required paperwork for all JSCC apprenticeship programs
- Establish an Advisory Committee for Apprenticeship and Work-Based Learning for participating employers
- Serves on college committees as directed by supervisor.
- Acquires computer/technology competencies as appropriate to the position;
- Assists with equipment and software maintenance;
- Maintains security of personal computer access;
- Perform other professional or job-related duties as assigned.