Closes: Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Bachelor’s degree required from a regionally accredited college in a field including, but not limited to Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Organizational Development, Public Administration, Human Resources or other related field.
• Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree and a combination of related experience and demonstrated competencies will be considered.
• 2 years of project management in multiple discipline areas.
• Successful workforce training experience is required.
• Demonstrated success in project management required. An understanding of regional and industry needs as well as national and international needs for job skills training. Ability to collaborate with Work Force Development Board, Economic Development Councils, Chambers of Commerce and other support agencies to provide business and industry training.
• Master’s degree preferred from a regionally accredited college.
• 5 years of successful experience in business or industry, with supervisory or management experience preferred.
• A proven track record in client-centered, business-to-business relationship building.
• Experience in developing and implementing business/industrial training, instructional design, employee development, or adult education.
• Experience with the NCCCS Customized Training Program.
• Experience in development of a project/program budget.
The jobholder is an integral part of the Business and Industry Training team in the development and delivery of training, job analysis, needs assessment, skills assessment, screening, and professional development services to employers in Guilford County. Other responsibilities may include instruction in the classroom or on-line, and managing projects designed to improve the division’s operation and training success, particularly in the identified cluster areas of advanced manufacturing, aviation, bio-technology, logistics, and health care. Other training areas include operations management, quality, safety, and industrial technology.
The jobholder is responsible for increasing the number of Guilford County businesses and employees served by the Business & Industry Training program at GTCC, by matching essential developmental needs with targeted training solutions. The jobholder builds and maintains long term relationships with regional industry partners. S/he uses marketing, advertising, and sales creatively to maximize market penetration and brand recognition. The jobholder provides exceptional customer service and ensures high customer satisfaction.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact