201 Highway 321 South
Dallas, North Carolina, 28034
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, March 18, 2024
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma Required.
- Must Possess Fire Instructor II certification from the North Carolina Fire and Rescue Commission, with qualifications to teach Firefighter Certification and Hazardous Materials Operations course.
- Live Burn Certification required or must be willing to obtain Live Burn Certification within 2 years of hire.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior college teaching experience in certification and continuing education programs. (Required)
- Standard higher education, classroom environment
- Possible exposure to typical elements associated with a clinical classroom and clinical environment
- Exposure to typical elements associated with a fire training classroom/lab environment. Lab settings may be outdoors and subject to environmental elements.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, and/or pull up to 75 pounds.
- Frequent standing, walking, stooping, and bending required.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- Associate degree Preferred.
- Experience teaching in a High School setting preferred.
- Community college teaching experience and online teaching experience using Blackboard learning management system preferred.
- Two years of supervisory/management experience preferred.
Open until filled-
Coordinator/Instructor is a College employee whose primary assignments involves coordinating, teaching and the direct support of teaching. The position of full-time Coordinator/Instructor is a demanding one that involves planning, coordinating and delivery of instruction, preparation and evaluation of such instruction, program development, accessibility to students, committee assignments, and service to College and community. Teach day and evening classes at multiple instruction sites as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct assigned classes of instruction in the best manner to achieve student learning; present information, ideas, and skills in ways which are appropriate to a variety of learning styles and which show sensitivity to a diverse student population.
- Provide students with the approved course syllabus, as applicable, and relate instruction and evaluation to that syllabus.
- Treat students with tact and respect, maintain collegial relationships, and work productively as a member of a team.
- Serve as the Instructor of the Fire & Rescue Training Programs in High schools in Gaston Colleges’ service area and its affiliated business, fire, and emergency services partner.
- Develop and recommend class schedules to serve Fire and Rescue partners and develop strategies for providing training services with local, state, and national entities.
- Fostering meaningful relationships with internal and external partners to effectively carry out the purpose of the office.
- Identifying and/or recommending equipment needed to teach the competencies related to emergency services education and training.
- Provide general maintenance work at the Regional Emergency Services Training Center
- Maintain and develop multiple monthly classes for on-line delivery to Fire and Rescue partners.
- Provide academic advising, maintain regular office hours, and maintain overall accessibility to students, which necessitates flexibility in arranging out-of-class consultations to accommodate student needs.
- Maintain instructional quality and effectiveness through constant and timely revisions of programs and course syllabi within assigned content area.
- Maintain class records and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Develop new courses and select and recommend appropriate instructional materials and textbooks.
- Serve on College committees.
- Attend and otherwise participate in scheduled Department, Division, and College meetings and participate in graduation.
- Maintain currency in content areas through appropriate professional development.
- Participate in activities that enhance the College’s service to students and to the community.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact