Closes: Friday, October 1, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate experience
- Community College experience with the Career & College Promise Program/Early College
- Excellent communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Master’s Degree or commensurate experience preferred.
In support of the overall PreCollege area, the Liaison/Coordinator will coordinate and support dually enrolled students including Stanly Early College (SEC), Stanly STEM Early College (SSTEM), and the Career & College Promise Program (CCP). Positions reports to the AVP, School of Transfer and Business.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Along with Liaison/Coordinator, CCP, maintain the CCP portal and assist with obtaining all required paperwork for registration of dually enrolled students.
- Serve as liaison with Stanly Early College and Stanly STEM Early College administration, advise and register and SEC/SSTEM students (using the advising guide); handle SEC/SSTEM Early Alerts and Academic Probation, and coordinate college classes needed for SEC/SSTEM following the SEC/SSTEM master schedule.
- Serve as liaison for Gray Stone Day School (including weekly on-campus time at Gray Stone Day School).
- Serve as the point of contact for the Homeschool population.
- Assist Liaison/Coordinator, CCP with audit of CCP paperwork each semester – this is to take place at the end of add period for 12-week classes (Fall and Spring); after add period (Summer).
- Serve as co-director (with Liaison/Coordinator, CCP) of SCC summer camps.
- Meet regularly with SEC Administration regarding SEC student progression in college classes, etc.
- Monitor SEC/SSTEM student grades and progression to ensure completion of college credits; may assist with the SEC information and selection nights.
- Assist with CCP & SEC/SSTEM events on campus and at high schools.
- Attend Homeschool Association events; hold advising meetings for homeschool families.
- Monitor the NC Community College System website for updated CCP Operating Procedures.
- Assist with registering high school CCP students for college classes if needed.
General College Duties
- Develop/Assist and utilize all phases of advertising and promotion of the PreCollege programs working with college Outreach department.
- Regularly utilize campus’ electronic media including, but not limited to, email, WebAdvisor, Datatel/Colleague, Dropout Detective, and the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Maintain all class records, submit registration forms, class attendance sheets, and all paperwork in a timely manner.
- Connect individuals to appropriate college resources.
- Serve on college committees.
- Assist with the preparation of grants to increase funding and program opportunities.
- Attend state and regional meetings for program updates and professional growth.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Position Training to be completed in the first year of hire:
- Colleague/Datatel Training
- Dropout Detective Training
- Canvas Training
- Self-Service/WebAdvisor Training
- Advising Training
- Policy/Procedure Training
- Onboarding Training
- School Dude
- Leadership Training
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Specialist
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001