Closes: Tuesday, May 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree
- Current Instructor certification by NC Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards
- Four years of practical experience as a criminal justice officer or as an administrator or specialist in a field directly related to the criminal justice system.
- General Instructor Certification
Develop, implement, and evaluate all aspects of In-Service Law Enforcement Training. Actively recruit for In-Service and BLET courses.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Teach program material via seated and online classes as required by the schedule.
- Learn new material to keep up with changing technology.
- Facilitate regular and substantive interaction via proactive communication with students.
- Participate in recruiting new students.
- Ensure classrooms, labs, and lab equipment are in good repair and maintain a safe environment for students and employees.
- Serve as a mentor to students in your area of expertise.
- Represent the program within the College and community as the primary point of contact with enthusiasm.
- Provide supervision to other faculty teachings within the program.
- Coordinate advisory boards, program updates, offerings, and scheduling of courses.
- Maintain Accreditation
- Provide all mandated In-Service Law Enforcement training programs, but not limited to SMI Certification and Re-certification, Jailer Certification, chemical Test for Alcohol, and General instructor certification.
- Contact agencies for current needs for In-Service training. Provide agencies with an annual schedule of In-Service training with the flexibility of additions.
- Recruit students for both In-Service and BLET.
- Recruit, interview, hire and supervise part-time instructors for In-Service courses.
- Provide correct information on In-Service courses to the Administrative Assistant for the creation of the courses and instructor contacts in colleague.
- Ensure all paperwork and payroll certifications are submitted on time to HR.
- Ensure all paperwork is provided to CE records within 48 hours after the course has ended.
- Develop contractual service agreements with consultants.
- Ensure quality of instruction through implementation of the College’s accountability plan and evaluation of instructors.
- Maintain accurate and timely records for all In-Service students and submit reports to CE Records and Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission Criminal Justice Standards Division.
- Must stay abreast of all Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission Criminal Justice Standards Division training policy and procedure updates.
- Maintain ethical standards for all training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain equipment, vehicles
Required Position Training to be completed in the first year of hire:
- eLearning Tools
- Microsoft Office
- School Dude
- I.E. Processes
- Leadership Training
- Google Docs
- Web Advisor
- New Employee Onboarding
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Specialist
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001