Closes: Friday, July 8, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Three years of experience in social media management, digital marketing, or videography.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
• Strong attention to detail, multitasking and analytical skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to prioritize multiple projects.
• Passionate, professional and excited to do our part to help students.
• Natural problem solver with a bias toward action.
• Hardworking and dedicated innovator.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Positive attitude with an energetic outlook.
• Strong computer, problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and follow-through.
• Outstanding ability to work effectively in teams of diverse people and organizations.
• Ability to :
o re-prioritize tasks, support the organization based on frequently changing needs, and move forward even when faced with ambiguity.
o meet tight deadlines and maintain focus under pressure.
o remain flexible in an ever-changing environment.
o work independently, show initiative and take ownership.
o use discretionary judgment.
o attend some night and weekend events.
• Associate degree with 5 years of experience, or bachelor’s degree with 3 years of experience in marketing, mass communication, public relations or a related field.
• Bilingual (Spanish/English)
• Good working knowledge of HTML and SEO.
• Strong working knowledge of content management software, WordPress, Photoshop, or related programs.
The Digital Marketing & Communications Coordinator is a vital part of the Department of College Relations, Marketing and Communication. This person will work diligently in a team-oriented, student-centric environment to provide exceptional student services and meet enrollment goals while embracing the mission and values of Forsyth Technical Community College. This team member must have superior skills in social media management, PPC advertising, content creation and CMS management.
• Track digital marketing campaign progress, develop various digital marketing materials, update online assets, streamline digital marketing production, and handle general digital marketing activities.
• Work closely with the Director of College Relations, Marketing and Communication to develop digital content and campaigns for reaching prospective, new, and current students, alumni, donors, media, etc.
• Create content goals and strategies and pitch ideas to the Director of College Relations.
• Collaborating with other departments and team members and brainstorming subjects for creative content.
• Create unique, simple-to-understand, and user-friendly content using good SEO techniques.
• Write new web content and edit existing content.
• Manage the distribution of content through various channels, including social media.
• Analyze performance indicators and web traffic and determine the effectiveness of created content.
• Complete regular communications, advertising, public relations plans, special events, publications, etc. to ensure maximum promotion of the college, achieve the college’s student recruitment goals, attract faculty and staff, increase private gifts, generate income for various programs and build relationships with various constituent groups.
• Works cooperatively to produce high-quality audio and video productions, streaming video for web use and prerecorded materials.
• Remain competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as directed.
• Contribute to the overall success of the college by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Enhance awareness of the college and its brand through new and emerging media (digital, online, social).
• Use the college’s new Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and other tools to help create, support, and run email campaigns and communications with a variety of different audiences, including donors, prospective students, current students, alumni, high school teachers, counselors, parents, local businesses and internal faculty and staff.
• Continually look for innovative, new ways to improve and expand upon the college’s social media, digital advertising, website, email campaigns, and videos used in marketing.
• Work alongside the graphics team to identify a target market, develop creative, and then create and maintain a marketing campaign.
• Update the college’s communications tools like digital signage, marquee and website.
• Assist the team with various day-to-day tasks like supporting the college’s mascot, taking photos and other tasks as needed.
• Partner across the college to support the diverse needs and challenges of an institution with 22,000 students, faculty and staff.
• Communicate with vendors on contracts and other purchasing needs and work closely with the business office to facilitate payment.
• Perform other duties as assigned, including serving on committees relevant to all aspects of college-wide communications.