Central Piedmont Community College ( Central Campus)
Closes: Friday, March 15, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Marketing, Communication, Management or closely related field; two years of sales or marketing experience in education, training or manufacturing industry
Computer proficiency in desktop applications with database experience
- Two years sales or marketing experience in education and/or training industry
- Computer proficiency in desktop applications with database experience; Salesforce a plus
- Successful experience with prospecting for new clients
- Practical knowledge in instructional design
The Corporate Learning Center is Central Piedmont Community College’s gateway for serving the learning and development needs of businesses and organizations in Mecklenburg County.
Responsible for achieving targeted growth through the acquisition and development of business & industry clients. Duties include solicitation, qualification, negotiation, contracting for and account maintenance of contract training clients. Identifies and creates new opportunities for continuous revenue growth to meet established targets. Efforts result in the attainment of revenue goals for Corporate & Continuing Education.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Builds long term client relationships in order to develop and present sales proposals to prospective and repeat clients and to close sales.
2. Prospects and generates new business & industry clients through research, cold-calls, outreach, and other marketing/sales initiatives.
3. Coordinates with Program Developers to set up courses and provide follow up to clients
4. Develops a complete understanding of assigned CPCC course products in order to offer customized products for client.
5. Participates in establishing sales goals with the Director of Training Services and ensure daily activities align with meeting these goals.
6. Collaborates with Directors to develop enhanced or new products desired by the industry/market.
7. Utilizes and maintains clients and prospect lists databases (Salesforce).
8. Attends ongoing internal and external sales and product training sessions to assure proficiency (as determined by the Director of Training Services).
9. Works with the CCE marketing team to utilize effective sales materials in presentations and proposals.
10. Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Training Services.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
- Computer Skills - MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook. Utilization of database management tools such as ACT! is essential.
- Interpersonal Skills – Building relationships with clients will be the foundation of the selling process. Coordinating and communicating with CCE teams outside of the Sales Team will be critical to success. Drive Ambition, and initiative are key.
- Presentation Skills – Ability to make conceptual presentations to management level personnel. Ability to Develop and write sales proposals, correspondence, and assist in marketing collateral. Strong oral & written Language skills are essential.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret client needs and to determine what products can be tailored to fit the client’s need. Flexibility is key.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact