Main Campus, Graham, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, July 1, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Minimum of an Associate Degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Current Cosmetology Instructor License
- Current NC Cosmetologist License
- Post-secondary teaching experience, preferably in a community college environment.
- Minimum of two years' experience working in a salon environment as a cosmetologist.
- Knowledge of Milady Standard Cosmetology curriculum
- Able to manually demonstrate Cosmetology practical skills, and teach all cosmetology topics
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Position may include day and/or evening working hours.
Alamance Community College is seeking an experienced Cosmetology Instructor to support our growing and progressive Cosmetology program. Successful candidate will be a self-motivated team player with the ability to effectively teach all of the courses within ACC's Cosmetology curriculum in an organized lab/classroom, and utilize proper sanitation / infection control techniques.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Assists in the recruitment of students and advises about the Cosmetology curriculum.
- Tutors Cosmetology program students as needed.
- Prepares innovative, engaging lectures, lab activities and instructor demonstrations.
- Maintains licensure /certifications and through professional development activities stays well-informed of advancements and changes within the field of Cosmetology.
- Exhibits excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Has the ability to communicate effectively with students and clients of all demographic backgrounds and cultures.
- Effectively handles stressful situations with professionalism and patience.
How to Apply
An ACC on-line application MUST be fully completed for consideration, which includes a required letter of interest and transcript attachment. Resume attachments are welcome but will not be accepted in lieu of complete application.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: