Alamance Community College, Dillingham Center Campus, Burlington, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, June 21, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Minimum of an Associate of Arts Degree in Cosmetology from a regionally accredited institution.
- Current Cosmetology Instructor License
- Current NC Cosmetologist License
- Post-secondary teaching experience, preferably in a community college environment.
- Minimum of two years' experience working in a salon environment as a cosmetologist.
- Knowledge of Milady Standard Cosmetology curriculum
- Able to manually demonstrate Cosmetology practical skills, and teach all cosmetology topics
Alamance Community College is seeking an experienced Cosmetology Instructor to support our growing and progressive Cosmetology, Esthetics and Manicuring/Nail Technology programs. Successful candidate will be a self-motivated team player with the ability to effectively teach all of the courses within ACC's Cosmetology curriculum in an organized lab/classroom, and utilize proper sanitation / infection control techniques.
- Assists in the recruitment of students and advises about the Cosmetology curriculum.
- Tutors Cosmetology program students as needed.
- Prepares innovative, engaging lectures, lab activities and instructor demonstrations.
- Maintains licensure /certifications and through professional development activities stays well-informed of advancements and changes within the field of Cosmetology.
- Exhibits excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Has the ability to communicate effectively with students and clients of all demographic backgrounds and cultures.
- Participates as requested on college committees and functions.
- Effectively handles stressful situations with professionalism and patience.
- Actively participates in activities that contribute to the College's Completion by Design initiative, especially those designed to increase retention in college programs.
Position may include day and/or evening working hours.
How to Apply
An ACC on-line application MUST be fully completed for consideration, which includes a required letter of interest and transcript attachment. Resume attachments are welcome but will not be accepted in lieu of complete application.
Applicants for full-time faculty positions are required to submit a statement of their philosophy of teaching and learning as it relates to the community college setting. Applicants that are selected for interview will be requested to present a fifteen minute lesson on a subject chosen by the screening committee.
Apply online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/alamanceccedu