Morehead City, NC (Carteret County)
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Saturday, April 25, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education: Certificate as Cosmetology Instructor from an 800 hour accredited program and Certificate/Diploma in Cosmetology from a 1200/1500 hour accredited program.
Preferred: Associate’s degree in a field related to the courses being taught.
Licensing: Current North Carolina State Board of Cosmetic Art License in Cosmetology, and Cosmetology Instructor.
Maintain CEU’s as set forth by the North Carolina State Board of Cosmetic Art.
Knowledge & Skills: Teaching and administrative experience leading to this level of responsibility. Demonstration of skills in the areas of: Cosmetology, communication, organization, and managing multiple priorities; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, community groups, and others; and demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative team environment.
Knowledge of North Carolina State Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners laws, rules and regulations
Skilled in use of instructional equipment to include hair steamer, hooded dryer, tesla high frequency current machine, and thermal styling tools.
Skilled in use of Computers, to include, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access. Have knowledge of salon based record keeping software. Accountable for daily funds generated by patron services
As outlined under Minimum Qualifications. Preferred: Associate's degree in a field related to the courses being taught
Carteret Community College is seeking a full-time curriculum Cosmetology Instructor to join our team of educators who are committed to offering high quality instruction to undergraduate students. The applicant must have the ability to accommodate a flexible working schedule.
Apply online at www.carteret.edu Applications will be accepted until April 25, 2020. Your complete application must include: our fully completed online application, resume, copy of your instructor certificate and cosmetology license, unofficial copy of all academic transcripts.
Essential functions and responsibilities of this position include:
Teaching and Learning:
- Assume responsibility for teaching assignments as recommended by the cosmetology chairperson and approved by the division dean.
- Facilitate the learning process by designing and implementing instructional activities that are appropriate and meaningful.
- Adhere to the departmental course guidelines and ensure that content covers SACSCOC-approved competencies.
- Order supplies and materials for labs supervised and prepare lab activities and assignments as needed.
- Fulfill the duties of clinical or lab instructor in supervision of students as applicable.
- Assume responsibility for maintaining all required college records including attendance and grade reports, etc.
- Compile bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments where applicable.
- Evaluate student performance using methods appropriate to the course.
- Maintain, review, and update course descriptions, objectives, and outlines for courses of instruction and develop new courses of study as necessary.
- Make recommendations to cosmetology chairperson for selection of supplies, equipment, equipment repairs, textbooks for courses of study, and the scheduling of classroom and laboratory facilities.
- Participate in departmental activities relative to revising and updating the program(s) in the area of expertise.
- Assist with the development of new programs in the area of expertise.
- Provide assistance to advisees.
- Participate in department, division and college-wide advising activities.
- Learn and maintain proficiency with program requirements of assigned advisees.
- Use the computer and the college’s student information system to assist advisees.
- Follow up on all assigned advisees.
- Attend training sessions relative to advising.
- Develop a professional development plan that is approved by the cosmetology chairperson and then the division dean and participate in those activities that achieve approved professional development activities.
- Maintain current licensure, certification, or other professional credentials required for position.
- Keep abreast of current technology.
- Attend workshops, conferences, and professional meetings.
- Participate in on-campus professional development activities.
- Adhere to all institutional policies and procedures.
- Attend all required department, division, and college-wide meetings.
- Serve on committees as required.
- Participate in college-wide activities.
- Maintain contact with specialized vocations where applicable.
- Be alert to public relations opportunities and use these to promote the college and the department.
- Assist in planning and conducting advisory committee meetings.
Job offers are conditional subject to a successful criminal background check.
Carteret Community College is an EOE/E-verify employer.
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557