- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, July 29, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate's degree in Cosmetology, a NC Cosmetology License and a NC Cosmetology Instructors License, OR
- An alternate portfolio including NC Cosmetology License and a NC Cosmetology Instructor's License and demonstrated competencies in teaching specific cosmetology courses.
- AAS in Cosmetology or related field.
- Prior teaching experience.
- Five years prior work experience working in a salon as a cosmetologist or in a cosmetology-related occupation.
Central Carolina Community College's 2015-2019 Strategic Plan declares "Learning First" as our
primary institutional goal. All faculty are empowered as educators, committed to responsibility for the learning process.
The Cosmetology Instructor (9 months) reports to the Department Chairperson to develop and teach courses in cosmetology. The purpose of an instructor at the Central Carolina Community College is to ensure maximum student learning. The instructor accomplishes this by presenting discipline specific learning outcomes through lecture, lab, demonstration, projects, assignments, appropriate classroom management, and by providing authentic student assessment that documents learning has occurred.
- Prepare, maintain, and distribute for all scheduled courses current course outlines and syllabi that support accreditation standards as described in the current faculty handbook.
- Prepare for and meet classes as assigned, promptly evaluate student progress within one week and maintain a safe learning environment.
- Demonstrate concern for student retention by employing best practice strategies.
- Serve as student advisor as assigned.
- Recruit for department/curriculum as assigned by the supervisor.
- Assist in the annual Compliance Assist Assessment.
- Assist in maintaining department/curriculum equipment, supplies, and materials, and library and support resources.
- Assist in registration and orientation as requested by the supervisor.
- Participate in scheduled and called departmental, faculty, staff meetings and other College activities.
- Keep supervisor informed of matters pertaining to the curriculum.
- Assume other duties as requested by the supervisor and the College.
- Follow policies stated in the policies and procedures manual as it relates to instructor responsibilities.
- Obtain a Blackboard Level I training as well as maintain a Bb course site for each course taught during the semester.
- Work the required 35 hours per week and post and hold the required five (5) office hours per week.
- Submit records and forms in a timely fashion as required in the policy and procedures manual.
- Plan and participate in articulation activities with public schools and other community agencies.
- Actively participate in professional organizations.
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Complete the five-hour staff development requirement.
- Encourage and support College activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.