Morehead City, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, September 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Certificate as a Cosmetology Instructor from an 800 hour accredited program. Certificate/Diploma in Cosmetology from a 1200/1500 hour accredited program.
Attach to your application a copy of your instructor certificate and an unofficial copy of your training transcript.
Preferred: Associate’s degree in a field related to the courses being taught.
Knowledge and Skills
Teaching and administrative experience leading to this level of responsibility. Demonstration of skills in the areas of: Cosmetology, communication, organization, and managing multiple priorities; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, community groups, and others; and demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative team environment. Knowledge of North Carolina State Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners laws, rules and regulations
Skilled in use of Computers, to include, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access. Have knowledge of salon based record keeping software. Accountable for daily funds generated by patron services
Standing for long periods of time, performing demonstrations of all basic cosmetology services daily. Have physical ability to lift/maneuver up to 50lbs. (supplies/equipment)
North Carolina State Board of Cosmetic Art License in Cosmetology. North Carolina State Board of Cosmetic Art License as Cosmetology Instructor. Maintain CEU’s as set forth by the North Carolina State Board of Cosmetic Art.
See minimum qualifications
Carteret Community College is accepting applications for a full-time (10-month) Cosmetology Instructor. This is a benefit-eligible position that includes paid sick leave, low-cost health insurance, and Teachers' and State Employees Retirement System (TSERS) pension eligibility.
Applications will be accepted through September 30, 2022. Attach to your application a copy of your instructor certificate AND a copy of your unofficial cosmetology training transcript from an accredited training school.
Salary range: $42,800 to $48,883 per year, calculated based on education and experience
An instructor will conduct college courses for undergraduate students by performing the following duties:
Teaching and Learning:
- Assume responsibility for teaching assignments as recommended by the Department chair and approved by the division dean
- Facilitate the learning process by designing and implementing instructional activities that are appropriate and meaningful
- Adhere to the departmental course guidelines and ensure that content covers SACSCOC-approved competencies
- Order supplies and materials for labs supervised and prepare lab activities and assignments as needed
- Fulfill the duties of clinical or lab instructor in supervision of students as applicable
- Assume responsibility for maintaining all required college records including attendance and grade reports, etc.
- Compile bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments where applicable
- Evaluate student performance using methods appropriate to the course
- Maintain, review, and update course descriptions, objectives, and outlines for courses of instruction and develop new courses of study as necessary
- Make recommendations to department chair for selection of supplies, equipment, equipment repairs, textbooks for courses of study, and the scheduling of classroom and laboratory facilities
- Participate in departmental activities relative to revising and updating the program(s) in the area of expertise
- Assist with the development of new programs in the area of expertise
- Provide assistance to advisees
- Participate in department, division and college-wide advising activities
- Learn and maintain proficiency with program requirements of assigned advisees
- Use the computer and the college’s student information system to assist advisees
- Follow up on all assigned advisees
- Attend training sessions relative to advising
- Develop a professional development plan that is approved by the department chair and then the division dean and participate in those activities
- Maintain current licensure, certification, or other professional credentials required for position
- Keep abreast of current technology
- Attend workshops, conferences, and professional meetings
- Participate in on-campus professional development activities
- Adhere to all institutional policies and procedures
- Attend all required department, division, and college-wide meetings
- Serve on committees as required
- Participate in college-wide activities
- Maintain contact with specialized vocations where applicable
- Be alert to public relations opportunities and use these to promote the college and the department
- Assist in planning and conducting advisory committee meetings
Job offers are conditional, subject to a satisfactory background check.
Carteret Community College is an EOE/E-verify employer.
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557