Blue Ridge Community College, Flat Rock, North Carolina; Henderson County
Closes: Thursday, April 30, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Come Join Our TEAM!
Blue Ridge Community College is currently seeking applications for a Counselor-full time. The Counselor is a member of the Student Services Counseling/Admissions Team. The Counselor provides pre-enrollment counseling, admissions, and first semester advising services for prospective students along with other members of the counseling and admissions department and Continuing Education.
Master’s degree preferred, in Education, Counseling, or a related area. Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
Strong personal and professional integrity, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a commitment to safety. A positive attitude with a real enjoyment of the challenge of working toward positive outcomes for the prospective student, the admissions team and the College. Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite or similar products, Database systems, Content Management Systems (CMS), College email and website, web-based computer applications associated with the position. Knowledge of budget preparation, monitoring and administration.
• Excellent counseling skills for use in the educational setting to include, career, crisis, diversity and sensitivity issues, and general admissions counseling.
• Interpersonal skills necessary to work with a diverse population of current/prospective students, parents, co-workers, or outside agencies.
• Ability to multi-task to meet the demands of walk-in students or incoming calls.
• A student-centered customer service attitude is required.
• A positive attitude with a real enjoyment of the challenge of working toward positive outcomes for both prospective and current students, the Counseling Team, The Student Service Division, and the College.
• Maintain a flexible schedule which may include some evenings, weekends, and travel
• Knowledge of budget preparation, monitoring and administration.
The ability to perform all duties associated with the position including, but not limited to lifting, prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping, and operating or performing work with associated tools and machines.
Blue Ridge Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact