RCC Main Campus
Closes: Friday, May 14, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution is required. Minimum of three year’s work experience in student advising and/or supporting student/client success as well as experience working with students with disabilities.
Same as minimum.
- Provide counseling services to RCC students.
- Serve as the Disability Services Coordinator for Robeson Community College.
- Coordinating appropriate academic accommodations to students with disabilities.
- Maintaining proper documentation on all students with disabilities.
- Collecting and verifying medical documentation to determine student eligibility.
- Providing leadership in the interpretation and understanding of the American Disabilities Act (ADA) and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act legislation requirements.
- Arranging and monitoring interpreting services for students.
- Performing case management assignments and making appropriate referrals to other agencies.
- Providing personal/social counseling services to Robeson Community College students.
- Providing academic advising to students, faculty and staff concerning curriculum requirements of academic programs.
- Providing assistance to faculty and staff in meeting the total needs of students.
- Assisting the office staff in career fairs and graduation activities.
- Participating in assigned Robeson Community College committees.
- Interpreting the mission, educational philosophy and vision statements of Robeson Community College to the general public.
- Maintaining the integrity of the College and its related foundations.
- Representing the College professionally and handling all students inquires confidentially.
- Coordinating assignment of academic advisors.
How to Apply
Candidates for the position should apply online at www.robeson.edu/hr and submit a Professional Resume, a photocopy of Official Transcripts, and any other supporting documentation related to the qualification requirements. Robeson Community College reserves the right to perform consumer background checks on applicants who are considered for employment and the College may administer personality profile testing as part of the selection process.
Human Resources - firstname.lastname@example.org
Robeson Community College
5160 Fayetteville Road
Lumberton, NC 28358