Counselor/Health Sciences Admissions Advisor
Wilkes Community College
1328 South Collegiate Drive
Wilkesboro, NC 28697
Provide personal counseling, including crisis intervention, for students at the Wilkes Campus, Ashe Campus, and Alleghany Center.
Commensurate with education and experience in accordance with the college salary plan.
Opens: Wednesday, April 19, 2023
Closes: Tuesday, May 30, 2023
Closes: Tuesday, May 30, 2023
Target Start Date
Monday, June 12, 2023
Expected Work Hours
Dean of Student Services
- Master’s degree in Counseling or related field.
- Applicant must have excellent human relations skills and be able to work with a variety of individuals (students, instructors, administration, and the public).
- Good analytical skills, attention to detail, the ability to communicate effectively (oral and written), good organizational skills, and the ability to work with deadlines are essential.
- Advanced computer skills required, including Microsoft Office software (Excel, Access, and Word), budget, and database management.
- Weekends, evenings, and occasional overnight travel are part of the work schedule for this position.
- Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor, apprentice licensure in counseling or related fields, or willing to seek licensure.
- Experience providing counseling services in an educational environment preferred.
This is a full-time, twelve-month position in the Student Services division and will operate under the direction and supervision of the Dean of Student Services. This position will be responsible for providing counseling services and a variety of admissions/advising functions.
Core duties will include the following:
- Provide personal counseling, including crisis intervention, for students at the Wilkes Campus, Ashe Campus, and Alleghany Center.
- Conduct counseling workshops to address student wellness needs and support instructional efforts.
- Assure WCC compliance with the Violence Against Women Act requirements related to college campuses.
- a) Coordinate and plan the prevention programming related to sexual violence prevention.
- b) Monitor and update the online sexual violence prevention course.
- c) Create the social media posts and information related to sexual violence prevention.
- Serve as a member of the WCC Care Team and Title IX Compliance Team.
- Coordinate the admissions activities for the Radiography program:
- a) Coordinate the development and distribution of admission information.
- b) Coordinate and conduct information sessions.
- c) Meet with students to review their eligibility for meeting minimum admission requirements.
- d) Determine each student’s eligibility for entry into the Radiography program.
- Provide academic and educational advising for students pursuing the Radiography program:
- a) Assist students with the development of individual career and academic plans and proactively engage with students each semester to monitor student progress.
- b) Develop meaningful relationships with students that are based in empathy, compassion, and appreciative, developmental, and intrusive advising techniques.
- c) Provide information and guidance for students pursuing the Radiography program who plan to also pursue a Bachelor’s degree.
- d) Communicate regularly with current advisees and prospective students.
- Assist with new student orientation and academic probation/return from academic suspension conferences.
- Assist with new student intake/advising & registration appointments.
- Assist with other general admissions and recruiting activities of the college.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact