Closes: Monday, September 24, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High School Diploma or GED and 2 to 4 years of related work experience
Course Management Specialist II position available in the Instructional Course Management Department serving Central Campus.
Overview of Department/Division
The Instructional Course Management Department provides assistance and instruction relating to course management processes. The Instructional Course Management Department collaborates with all College divisions, faculty, staff and services in support of the Learning Unit’s initiatives. This position will perform a variety of moderately complex administrative tasks and special assignments to support the Instructional Course Management Department.
This position will also provide support by compiling information from multiple sources, coordinating materials, maintaining project databases, and preparing reports.
This is an opportunity for an energetic professional to work in a fast-paced, student-centered, and dynamic organization.
Assists with the management and maintenance of curriculum and College and Career
Readiness courses and sections. Assists coordinator in overseeing operations in the Instructional Course Management Area.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develops and delivers college-wide training in the following areas:
a. Curriculum course file management
b. State audit requirements for curriculum courses and programs of study
c. Procedures for creation and input of courses and programs of study
d. Procedures for course substitution records
e. Part-time employment contracts
f. Class file management
g. Faculty workload reports
2. Assists in processing and monitoring curriculum course origination documents.
3. Serves as lead for course substitutions.
4. Prepares and monitors audit reports related to Curriculum and College and Career Readiness course origination documents
5. Serves as primary liaison with the North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS) office for Ellucian Colleague course management.
6. May oversee staff in the absence of the Coordinator.
7. Recommends improvements to processes and implements changes as needed.
8. Assists with analyzing, evaluating and submitting CPCC programs of study to the NCCCS office.
9. Monitors curriculum course file compliance with state common course library and assist with special projects.
10. Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
* Ability to interact with upper-level management and/or faculty
* Ability to interpret guidelines or instructions or elicit opinion
* Knowledge of college and department procedures
* Oral and written communication skills
* Organizational, problem-solving and customer service skills
* Presentation skills
* Proficiency with office software and Datatel Colleague
How to Apply
Job Post Contact