Haywood Community College, 185 Freedlander Dr, Clyde, NC 28721
Closes: Thursday, September 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High School diploma or equivalent,
- 2+ years of experience in Administrative Support or Customer Service,
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritizing work and balancing multiple projects concurrently,
- Well refined interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with our diverse student and employee groups,
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including active listening and emotional intelligence.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing scenarios and guidelines,
- Ability and willingness to receive constructive feedback,
- Proficiency with computers (desktop, laptop, tablet),
- Proficiency with use of mobile devices (smartphones, mobile apps)
- Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Ability and willingness to learn college specific software and programming.
Meet minimum qualifications, plus:
- Associates Degree,
- Experience with health education, emergency services, community outreach, linkage to care, social services, or other public health service related field,
- Experience conducting telephone-based or in-person interview, data collection and data entry
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
This temporary position’s primary purpose is to assist with Haywood Community College’s COVID-19 case management. Position will support leadership with case management of student and employee cases with an ongoing focus on campus safety and student and employee wellness. Role will be responsible for reaching out to people (contacts) who have diagnosed with and/or been exposed to COVID-19 and providing health education and guidance to interrupt ongoing disease transmission. Dialogue with contacts will be guided by standard protocols to obtain any symptom history and other relevant health information, provide instructions for self-quarantine, and make appropriate referrals to testing, clinical services, and other essential support services.
Work hours: Monday - Thursday 9 am - 3 pm, Friday 9 am - 2 pm (not to exceed 29 hours per week). Estimated assignment: September 2021 - January 2022 depending upon need, position may be offered for a longer period or position may end sooner.
OPEN ONLY UNTIL FILLED. Interested candidates should apply immediately.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Serves as point of contact for students and employees on COVID-19 situations,
- Proactively partner with students and employees with appropriate COVID-19 response. This multi-step communication process will involve:
- Initial intake and evaluation of situation (close contact, symptoms, testing, etc.)
- Providing appropriate guidance and direction depending upon nature of scenario
- Frequent and thorough follow-up throughout case
- Accurate and timely maintenance of files and databases for tracking purposes
- Request and confidentially maintain any necessary medical documentation
- Retrieve self-certification form at appropriate time and forward to VP of Student Services or Director of HR for final clearance.
- Participate in recurring update meetings with VP/Student Services and Director of HR,
- Provide appropriate updates to Manager, as well as Instructors and Supervisors of those that are on quarantine,
- Partner with Instructors on remote learning or make-up days for students on quarantine or in isolation.
- Keep databases and systems (Excel and Maxient) up to date with case responses,
- Understand knowledge limitations and forward atypical or unusual questions or scenarios to VP of Student Services or Director of HR,
Other duties as assigned
- Adhere to Haywood Community College’s Core Values
- Maintain the highest level of integrity and confidentiality
- Contribute to, and actively support the goal of maintaining an employee and student-centered environment.
- Support and participate in efforts related to process enhancements and have an ever-present desire for continuous improvement.
- Work cooperatively with faculty, staff, students, and our learning community and the general public.
- Promote and support HCC’s mission, vision, and values and promote and support coworkers in the most positive manner.
How to Apply
Interviewing will take place as qualified candidates apply. Position will be open until filled. Interested candidates should apply immediately.
The following is necessary for consideration:
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at our jobs page: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu
- The application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. A resume is suggested but does not take the place of any questions or details that you need to provide in order to be qualified for the position. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- Cover letter highly suggested outlining how candidate meets the minimum requirements for the position.
- References may not be current HCC employee. Candidates must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the candidate to HR. Upon completion of the hire process in HR, President approval is required in the hire of a candidate.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
HCC is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sex, age, disability, genetic information and veteran status