Closes: Monday, September 27, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate's Degree in Office Administration, Business Management, or closely related degree, AND
- Two years progressive experience in office management, including customer service, basic bookkeeping, and staff coordination, OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of administrative office functions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in operating a multi-line digital telephone system
- Proficient in using basic word processing and spreadsheet functions in Microsoft Office suite
- ~40 net words per minute keyboarding skills
- MS Excel, Accounting, and budgeting experience/abilities
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The CTE Administrative Specialist will perform general receptionist, administrative duties, and assist the Dean of Career & Technical Education.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Budget management - manage internal budget spreadsheet(s) for the CTE programs, continuing education programs, recording spending and reconciling budgets as needed
- Submit requisitions in E-Procurement;
- Monitor and review Work-Based Learning materials in College Central Network;
- Coordinate Fall and Spring Student Faculty Evaluations; set-up and collect 1 to 2 courses for each instructor; load results.
- Compose PT/Overload Contracts in Datatel (database) to submit to Payroll
- Collect Part-time and Overload Contracts, and Hourly, Substitute Time Sheets: Submit/track FT Faculty Overload - Independent Study contracts, and PT Hourly Time sheets for submission to Payroll;
- Place instructors to each semester course in Datatel;
- Assist program dean in managing division-specific initiatives;
- Record, and distribute minutes of division meetings;
- Record Curriculum Committee, and Academic Policy Meetings;
- Route student forms, project approval forms, etc.;
- Track spreadsheet of Faculty and Divisional Administrative Evaluation Plan
- Assist instructional division administration in organizing special college activities, i.e., Advisory Board meetings, registration, faculty orientations, social activities and other college-wide events;
- Assist students as needed with academic and curriculum-specific questions and concerns;
- Work closely and cooperatively with student population;
- Complete the five-hour staff development requirement;
- Submit records and forms in a timely fashion as required in the policy and procedures manual;
- Encourage and support College activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies;
- Actively participate in professional organizations;
- Serve on college committees as assigned;
- Assist with other duties as assigned.