Culinary Arts/Hospitality Management Instructor
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, July 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate degree in Culinary Arts or closely related field. Five or more years of experience in the culinary industry. Current ServSafe Certification. The ability to obtain ServSafe Instructor/Proctor Certification.
Must meet typical Culinary industry requirements to include but not limited to:
The ability to lift, push or pull fifty (50) pounds on a frequent basis; stand for extended periods of time; work various shifts and support College functions as needed; be exposed to common cleaning agents and chemicals associated with food safety and kitchen sanitation; and be exposed to higher and lower than average temperatures for extended periods of time.
Bachelors degree in Culinary Arts or closely related field. Teaching experience at a community college or university. On-line teaching experience using Blackboard. Current ServSafe Instructor/Proctor Certification.
- Demonstrate specialized knowledge and maintain expertise in the theory, skills, and pedagogy of the applicable discipline or profession.
- Provide quality instruction for face-to-face and online classes to include days, evenings, and weekends both on and off campus.
- Facilitate development and revision of programs, courses, supplies, materials and textbooks while assuring alignment within the program description and outcomes, course objectives and content, as well as curriculum standards.
- Establish a student and advisor relationship that provides guidance with regard to program choices and career possibilities that supports student educational growth through guided decision making.
- Use strategies and skills necessary to support student learning and prepare and deliver current and relevant course material in an understandable and motivating manner.
- Continually assess course objectives and instructional methods to improve teaching and learning.
- Adhere to and fulfill faculty duties and responsibilities, as explained in the job description for the instructional faculty.
- Provide quality customer service to students, faculty, staff, and vendors.
- Support student enrollment and success by participating in college events, advising student clubs and organizations, serving on committees, and assisting with admissions activities.
- Participate, manage, and execute culinary events as assigned, including “all-hands” events and activities.
- Attend commencement, convocation, faculty meetings, department meetings, committee meetings, professional development programs, and other university events, as applicable.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact