- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, February 21, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- AAS in Culinary Arts and/or Baking and Pastry Arts.
- Culinary Arts experience. Baking and Pastry arts experience a plus.
- 3 years experience in a full-service restaurant or foodservice facility required.
- Community college teaching experience and credentials to teach in additional discipline(s) are preferred.
Sandhills Community College seeks applications for a full-time Culinary Instructor (9 month position). The culinary arts instructor will guide students to through their knowledge, skills, and motivation in the fields culinary and pastry arts. Members of the faculty agree to be accessible to students, other faculty, staff, and to those making inquiry to the College and to assume a fair share of the total workload of the College as may be assigned. Instructional duties will include teaching topics in [discipline], using a variety of delivery modes: traditional classroom, online, hybrid, weekend, mini-mester, and evening. Additional faculty duties include assisting with student recruitment, advising students and performing support duties as assigned by the department chair. Class sessions may take place on the Sandhills Community College campus and on Moore and Hoke County high school campuses. Ability to integrate with other disciplines and support technology programs is a plus. Interviews for the position will include a teaching demonstration and an oral/written assessment conducted in a computer environment.
- Provide effective and high-quality instruction.
- Keep up with the scholarship of his/her discipline.
- Support student learning outside of class.
- Communicate effectively with students, faculty, and staff.
- Maintain accurate scholastic and attendance records of students enrolled in classes and submit reports as required.
- Provide competent advising to students and participate in recruitment and retention activities.
- Support the department of culinary and pastry arts and the college in the fulfillment of its mission.
- Assist in program and curriculum review, revision, and development.
- Maintain positive and professional interpersonal relationships with students, faculty, staff, and administration at the college.
- Participate in professional development activities to keep up with innovative practices that improve teaching and learning.
- Exhibit the five core values of Sandhills Community College.
- Serve on campus committees as appointed by the department and administration.
- Provide quality course delivery using online, hybrid, and face-to-face teaching methods based on department needs.
- Teach a variety of culinary and pastry arts curriculum courses assigned based on department needs.
- Follow course descriptions and create/adjust lesson plans as needed.
- Be an inclusive member of a tight knit and dynamic team
Prior work experience should be inline with departmental curriculum.
Salary to be commensurate with experience and state salary schedules. Applications will be accepted until February 21, 2020. To maximize your opportunity for selection; transcripts, letter of interest, and resume must be uploaded with your application. Selection is contingent on final budget approval.
Sandhills Community College is convinced that being around people who are different makes us more creative, more diligent, and harder working. We are committed to a campus that supports diversity in both learning and working environments, and in our outreach to our community. We are also committed to working with Veterans of our armed forces to honor their commitment to our country and learn from their experiences.