Curriculum and Instructional Support Specialist
54 College Drive, Marion, NC 28752
Closes: Wednesday, February 15, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Required: Associate Degree in Business, Office Administration or related field. Must be able to utilize appropriate software, including Microsoft Office ®, Google Suite ®, College Data Management Systems (Colleague, Informer and Self-Service). Must be able to key data accurately and responsibly. Must possess confidence to deal with visitors, faculty, staff and students effectively. Must be a team-player and be able to handle several tasks simultaneously. Must be flexible and able to prioritize new tasks as they develop. Must possess excellent communication skills. Must be able to handle confidential information.
The Curriculum and Instructional Support Specialist under the direction of the Dean of Curriculum Programs and the Chief Academic Officer (CAO) in accordance with the overall plan of the college, the curriculum and instructional support specialist will provide administrative and instructional support to the dean of curriculum programs, associate dean of CTE, associate dean of arts and sciences and coordinator of distance and online learning.
- Prepares data collection reports for submission to NCCCS office including ICR reports for curriculum in a timely manner.
- Maintains electronic files containing information and data for compliance reporting for curriculum programs including syllabi, course enrollment data and attendance rosters.
- Generates adjunct faculty contracts and overload contracts.
- Assists coordinator of distance learning and faculty with documentation and compliance reporting for curriculum courses.
- Assists with scheduling of curriculum classes and keys information into the college data system for program offerings.
- Assists with room scheduling for classes and ensures rooms are set up properly for the appropriate class(es).
- Serves as receptionist for the office area to include receiving visitors, instructors, and others.
- Answers incoming calls giving pertinent information concerning courses, dates, times, faculty office hour schedules, etc.
- Assists faculty with creation of syllabi, handouts, testing materials, correspondence, clerical tasks (filing, shredding, copying).
- Offers information and answers questions relating to all course offerings within the curriculum area.
- Effectively communicate with students and faculty.
- Assists with ordering supplies through business office and e-procurement.
- Assists coordinator of Distance Learning with LMS enrollment processes at the beginning and end of semester.
- Provides instructional design support to faculty.
Other duties as assigned by the Dean of Curriculum Programs.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
Submit an MTCC application and resume:
Via email to- Breanna Wilson
Via mail to-
McDowell Technical Community College
54 College Drive
Marion, NC 28752
In-person to- Breanna Wilson, MTCC, 54 College Drive (Marion, NC), Cedar Building, Business Office
Offers of employment are contingent upon receipt of official transcripts.
If you have questions, contact Breanna Wilson by email, phone or fax:
email: Breanna Wilson