Closes: Monday, February 13, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High School Diploma or equivalent. Valid driver’s license.
Previous supervisory and floor care experience in a commercial or institutional facility.
The Custodial Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Plant Operations and is responsible for supervising satellite custodial activities to ensure a high level of cleanliness and sanitation in VGCC buildings. In addition to supervision, this position requires performing physical work associated with custodial responsibilities.
This position is assigned to the VGCC Main Campus in Henderson, NC, although, travel to other counties in the college’s service area is a part of the position. Due to the nature of this position, teleworking is unavailable.
The following listing of essential job duties indicates the general nature and level of work required in this job. This is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required in this job. Individuals assigned to this job may be asked to perform other duties as required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job.
- Coordinate and supervise the work activities of satellite custodians by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing their work.
- Establish and maintain a schedule for floor care and assign associated duties.
- Establish and maintain a schedule for classroom, hallway, and restroom cleaning including desks, chairs, marker boards, cabinets, vanities, sink, toilets, etc.
- Establish and maintain a schedule for emptying trash cans and recycle bins.
- Maintain an inventory of cleaning supplies and materials.
- Conduct performance evaluations of satellite custodians.
- Inspect and report cleaning deficiencies on all campuses.
- Provides training for the purpose of promoting efficient practices.
- Strip, wax, and buff floors using floor maintenance equipment.
- Vacuum and spot clean carpet.
- Dust furniture and equipment.
- Dust mop and damp mop floors.
- Clean HVAC vents.
- Clean light fixtures.
- Remove snow from sidewalks, bridges, steps, and walkways.
- Remove litter from buildings and grounds as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Plant Operations.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact