Closes: Thursday, December 13, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High school diploma or equivalency required. Prior janitorial experience in educational, business, industrial, or similar setting required. Position requires the ability to operate necessary equipment, moderate lifting, and extended periods of time standing. Demonstrated dependability by work performance and attendance.
Work Keys Skills Assessment with minimum scores of: Applied Math - 3, Graphic Literacy - 3, Workplace Documents - 3 preferred. Please contact Nikki Page at 910-410-1844 for Career Readiness Certification Work Keys testing information.
General Description of the Position:
The Custodian, under the authority and supervision of the Director of Facility Services, is responsible for cleanliness of the buildings in a safe and effective manner.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Position:
1. Clean offices, classrooms, hallways, restrooms, and lounge areas daily.
2. Empty trash cans, clean/maintain floors, and dust furniture daily.
3. Supply bathrooms with toilet tissue, paper towels, and soap daily.
4. Mop floors as needed.
5. Follow schedule of cleaning activities as listed in the Custodian's checklist.
6. Accept other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered.
Methods to submit an application:
- In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.
- Mail: RCC, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 1189, Hamlet, NC 28345.
- Fax: 910-582-7028. Applicant needs to ensure that documents are readable.
- E-mail: email@example.com. Application must contain a physical signature.
- Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu
Position Available: December 7, 2018. Application review begins: December 13, 2018. To apply: submit the RCC Application and unofficial copies of transcripts or high school equivalency, and work keys test scores. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.