Morehead City, NC
Closes: Friday, July 1, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High school completion or equivalency
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience in the custodial/maintenance area, Knowledge of cleaning methods, materials, and equipment; ability to operate mechanical cleaning equipment; and ability to follow simple oral and written instructions on the job. Must be able to work on your own.
The employee is frequently required to walk, stand, stoop, kneel, reach, bend over, grasp, clutch, carry and climb ladders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Abilities required by this job include close, distant, peripheral vision and the use of arms, legs, and digit dexterity.
Valid NC Driver's License
See minimum qualifications
Carteret Community College is currently accepting applications for a full-time, benefit-eligible, custodian. Minimum hiring salary: $29,640 ($15 per hour)
Under the supervision and direction of the Custodial Manager, a custodian performs a wide variety of custodial and maintenance duties to provide a clean, safe & healthy environment for students, faculty, and staff.
After completing the initial training period, the employee will work the 12:30 pm – 8:30 pm shift.
During the 13 week summer semester, May through August, we work a 4 day work week , Monday through Thursday.
Examples Of Essential Duties:
- Participates in all operations and facilities functions as directed.
- Responsible for overall cleaning of assigned floor/building.
- Daily performs cleaning of campus buildings.
- Possess considerable knowledge of the operation of Powered Equipment and general house-keeping equipment
- Power washes exterior wall, buildings & windows as needed.
- Ensures proper safe care and use of equipment using practices and methods.
- Completes Work orders and Work Tasks in a timely manner.
- Attend monthly departmental and safety meetings.
- Assists in moving furniture, college event set-ups, take-downs and cleanup.
- Performs emergency weather preparation and clean up.
Working Conditions and Environment:
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The work environment can be noisy, dusty and repetitive. Personal protective equipment is required at times. Some after-hours work may be required.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557