522 N. Old Carriage Road
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
Closes: Friday, September 18, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High School Diploma and valid driver's license.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Moderate physical effort required involving long periods of standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, reaching overhead and periodic pushing, lifting and carrying items up to 30 lbs.; frequently traveling between buildings on campus; routine exposure to moderate levels of heat, cold, moisture, fumes, odors, poor ventilation, dust, chemical and mechanical hazards.
Responsible for cleaning the buildings daily to a standard that promotes a healthy, pleasant atmosphere for learning.
- Check restrooms and make sure they are stocked and clean, including paper and soap.
- Check for overnight cleaning and report to Maintenance Supervisor areas that were not cleaned the previous night.
- Watch and clean any areas as needed during daily routine.
- Keep janitorial closets orderly.
- Check exterior trash cans and empty as necessary.
- Water and maintain all living plants, inside and out.
- Vacuum upholstered furniture as needed.
- Spot-clean walls and windows as necessary.
- Clean chalkboard and smart boards as needed.
- Preform monthly inspections on exit lights and fire extinguishers.
- Keep entrances clean, empty outside ashtrays, and keep trash picked up.
- Clean student lounge areas as needed in mid-morning and mid-afternoon.
- Remove recyclables regularly to appropriate areas, clean receptacles as needed.
- Check parking lots for trash and pick up and dispose.
- Watch for general repairs and report to Manager of Facilities.
- Be willing to work flexible schedule any day of the week.
- Assist the maintenance staff as needed with items including but not limited to, furniture moves, snow/ice removal, grounds work, and renovation repairs.