Morehead City, NC
Closes: Friday, October 29, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High school completion or equivalency,
Knowledge and Skills
Experience in the custodial/maintenance area, Knowledge of cleaning methods, materials, and equipment; ability to operate mechanical cleaning equipment; and ability to follow simple oral and written instructions on the job. Must be able to work on your own.
The employee is frequently required to walk, stand, stoop, kneel, reach, bend over, grasp, clutch, carry and climb ladders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Abilities required by this job include close, distant, peripheral vision and the use of arms, legs and digit dexterity.
Valid NC driver’s license
See Minimum Qualifications
Under the supervision and direction of the Custodial Manager, the Custodian performs a wide variety of custodial and maintenance duties in order to provide a clean, safe & healthy environment for students, faculty and staff.
- Participates in all operations and facilities functions as directed.
- Responsible for overall cleaning of assigned floor/building.
- Daily performs cleaning of campus buildings.
- Possess considerable knowledge of the operation of Powered Equipment and general house-keeping equipment
- Power washes exterior wall, buildings & windows as needed.
- Ensures proper safe care and use of equipment using practices and methods.
- Completes Work orders and Work Tasks in a timely manner.
- Attend monthly departmental and safety meetings.
- Assists in moving furniture, college event set-ups, take-downs and cleanup.
- Performs emergency weather preparation and clean up.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557