Asheville - Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Monday, April 19, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Must have a minimum of High school diploma or its equivalent;
2. Must have a minimum of one year of full-time or equivalent custodial experience;
3. Must have a minimum of one year of full-time or equivalent maintenance experience (changing air filters, minor plumbing repairs, changing/troubleshooting light fixtures, wall repairs, roof repairs, grounds equipment).
4. Must have a current forklift certification (must obtain within six months of hire date);
5. Must have a valid, unrestricted drivers’ license;
6. Must have a Public Applicator Certificate to spray herbicides, etc. (must obtain within six months of hire date).
1. Experience troubleshooting basic electrical issues and HVAC maintenance;
2. Small engine maintenance and repair experience;
3. Two years full-time or equivalent custodial and maintenance experience in an educational setting;
4. Post-secondary certification or above in a related field;
5. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
To maintain the building and grounds to promote a clean and secure environment for supporting our educational purposes.
1. Monitors building security and safety for staff and students by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours
and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
2. Ensures that all mechanical operations are running properly.
3. Performs preventative maintenance as scheduled via SchoolDude (air filters, emergency/exit lights, etc.)
4. Services and cleans restrooms, and maintains adequate supplies.
5. Gathers and empties trash daily.
6. Cleans building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, buffing/waxing or vacuuming.
7. Ensures proper sanitizing and disinfecting due to COVID-19.
8. Wears appropriate PPE for cleaners, sanitizers, mixing chemicals, spraying herbicides, etc.
9. Follows procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
10. Mixes water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
11. Strips, seals, finishes, and polishes floors, utilizing floor machines and cleans carpets.
12. Notifies the manager concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
13. Makes necessary repairs (holes in the wall, roof, leaky faucets/toilets, painting, door locks, commercial mower, weed eater,
14. Cleans windows, glass partitions, or mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, or squeegees.
15. Assists with the setup of site activities related to College and community functions.
16. Maintains accurate count of supplies and materials for inventory purposes.
17. Maintains grounds (including and not limited to mowing, weed eating, leaf blowing, hedge trimming, landscaping, spraying