Wilkes Campus - Wilkesboro, NC
Closes: Friday, September 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
> High School Diploma or GED/AHS equivalent
> Valid drivers’ license
Previous experience is preferred, but not required.
This is a part-time position reporting to the Custodial Supervisor. The custodian will do all phases of cleaning. Responsibilities include stripping, waxing, buffing floors also dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping on a daily basis. Other duties include moving furniture which may consist of desks, file cabinets, and other office furniture. Special projects such as pressure washing buildings, shoveling snow, etc. may be assigned.
> Shift: Flexible
> 25 – 28 hrs per week
> Occasionally a weekend shift.
1. Vacuum all carpets and mats daily, in addition, sweep, mop, and buff all tile floors as needed.
2. Operate all custodial equipment.
3. Clean, sanitize, and stock all restrooms, in addition, clean and disinfect all water fountains.
4. Deliver supplies to various departments/divisions.
5. Empty all trash cans daily and wash cans and change liners as needed.
6. Clean doors, walls, and windows as needed in offices and classrooms.
7. Clean vents in all areas as needed.
8. Sweep outside entrances daily.
9. Clean tables, desks, and chalkboards as needed in classrooms.
10. Clean blinds as needed and dust for cobwebs.
11. Assist with recycling and collecting the recyclables from the bins.
12. Work with other custodians stripping/waxing floors and cleaning carpets when needed.
13. Carry radio as needed.
14. Campus snow removal as needed.
15. Other duties required by the supervisor.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact