Chatham County, NC
Closes: Wednesday, October 20, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High School Diploma, and
- One year experience in a custodial position.
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The Custodian PT (Chatham County) is responsible for the interior and exterior housekeeping duties of assigned campus buildings, including but not limited to floors, restrooms, windows, and furniture. Position also requires unlocking buildings at scheduled times, moving and arranging equipment and furniture, reporting maintenance problems to the Custodian Coordinator and assisting other maintenance personnel as needed. Individual must be a dependable, self-motivated and able to perform duties assigned without direct supervision.
This position will work on the Chatham Main Campus, Siler City Campus, and Chatham Health Sciences Center.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
1. Keeping all buildings and their contents, inside and out, clean as assigned (floors, restrooms, windows, furniture, walks, etc.).
2. Reporting any damages or problems with buildings or equipment to the Custodian Coordinator.
3. Moving and arranging equipment and furniture as assigned.
4. Unlocking assigned building at scheduled time and reporting problems with heat or air immediately.
5. Assisting other maintenance personnel as needs arise.
6. Scheduling and performing work so that it gets done without interfering with classes or other activities.
7. Performing other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
8. Empty outside trash cans.
9. Keep mechanical rooms & janitorial closets clean and tidy.
10. Clean sidewalks around building and entrances with leaf blower
11. Pull weeds in shrub beds as needed.
12. Wet mop hard surface floors.
13. Buff hard surface floors.
14. Refinish hard surface floors.
15. Clean spots in carpet and furniture.
16. Submit work orders for any maintenance items, i.e, toilet problems, lighting issues.
17. Clean and dust ceiling diffusers and lighting fixtures.
18. Dust furniture, all high walls, and ledges
19. Clean all whiteboards and trays daily with whiteboard cleaner.
20. Clean all glass at entrances to building.
21. Remove all cobwebs inside and outside of building.