Levine Campus - Levine II
Closes: Friday, December 31, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High school diploma or GED plus one year of customer service work experience, preferably in a call center environment.
English/Spanish bilingual skills
Customer Service Representative available in Corporate & Continuing Education Department located on Levine Campus - Levine II Building.
Anticipated hiring date: January 4, 2022
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm
Hours per week: 40
Provide brief overview of you department ( required for FT position): Corporate and Continuing Education serves over 12,000 students annually. Customer Service employs 7 employees and supports 51 program areas within the College. Each year Customer Service maintains information for over 3800 classes and 400 instructors. The general function of the department is to assist students in registering for Continuing Education classes, take payment for classes, and advise students.
A successful candidate answers 30 to 50 calls a day from students, accurately process registrations and collect payments, and assist students.
Characteristics, Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Answers incoming calls and discusses course content for all Corporate and Continuing Education (CCE) courses.
2. Registers students (by phone or in-class registration), creates and maintains master files, processes drops/adds, and transfers; tracks registrations.
3. Process financial transaction including payments and credits; enters data into the appropriate systems; reviews balance sheets for accuracy and reconciles discrepancies.
4. Coordinates with Program Developers, Directors, and Financial Services in submitting refund requests and assists with resolutions.
5. Maintains course information, outlines and student questions in a reference document.
6. Meets with all program areas to learn about new course offerings and maintains up-to-date information on certifications, licenses, processes issued by state agencies, national professional organizations, and Central Piedmont Community College.
7. Stays abreast of all CCE courses to suggest appropriate courses and levels to customers based on their requirements and interests.
8. Maintains CCE intranet that contains course frequently asked questions, updates, text books information, and contact information for each CCE and curriculum department or program.
9. Obtains and distributes knowledge and contact information about programs that CPCC currently does not offer.
10. Provides course information to customers about courses which may be of their interest; provides marketing materials as appropriate.
11. Distributes course information to customers as requested.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
* Knowledge of course offerings in CCE
* Knowledge of keyboarding, computer, mainframe, e-mail, internet and Video Gate
* Excellent marketing, telephone and customer service skills
* Ability to work with people in difficult situations and problem solving
* Good communication skills
How to Apply
Job Post Contact