Closes: Monday, June 17, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- At least three years of training or project management experience with an understanding of manufacturing environments
- Ability to work effectively and collegially with others
- Skill in the use of computers and commitment to use of technology
- Experience with current version of MS Office or similar programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to ensure strong rapport and collaborative relationships with industry customers
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Provide exceptional customer service with people internal and external to the institution
- Familiarity with and appreciation for the mission of a comprehensive community college
- Effectiveness in the following College organizational competencies:
- Translating College purpose, values, and vision into organizational action
- Collaborating and facilitating
- Creating and innovating
- Anticipating and responding to change
- Providing vision and leadership
- Flexible and adapts to change
- Ability to multi-task with multiple departments and activities of others
- Ability to facilitate meetings and workshops, conduct training and presentation sessions
- Ability and initiative to organize and manage multiple projects and budgets with limited direct supervision
- Ability to assess customer training needs and develop and implement appropriate solutions
Master’s degree in business, engineering, or a related field from a regionally accredited college or university.
Under the supervision of the Vice President of Economic and Workforce Development, the Customized Training Program Coordinator will provide strategic leadership and direction in the development, documentation, and delivery of customized training to meet the needs of businesses and industries in Cleveland County.
Essential Duties Summary
- Develop, maintain, coordinate and strengthen business and industry training, customized training, occupational education programs and/or continuing education programs.
- Plan, implement, coordinate, direct and manage training related to the Customized Training Program (CTP) for new and existing business and industry in Cleveland Community College’s service area within guidelines of the NCCCS CTP.
- Work in unison with the Regional Director of Customized Training to plan, coordinate and finance customized training projects for local industry.
- Submit Funds Action Requests (FAR) in a timely manner to ensure Business Office has time to process FAR and to ensure funds are in place to support the Customized Training activity.
- Identify and analyze the training needs of Cleveland County business and industry and develop course offerings and strategies to meet those needs promptly and efficiently.
- Maintain accurate records, prepare reports and perform other administrative tasks as needed to operate the CTP and its activities within budget guidelines.
- Identify, interview, and recommend instructors for hire. Evaluate instructors and provide feedback and coaching as needed. Resolve issues between clients and instructors.
- Supervise and direct activities for instructors including the completion of required paperwork such as data sheets, contracts, payroll, classroom logistics, registrations, attendance, rosters, visitations and evaluations.
- Coordinate the ordering of books, materials, supplies, and availability of facilities for all courses.
- Design, develop, and oversee training course and/or program development, and coordinate the delivery (i.e., logistics, etc.) of those courses or programs. Assist with and deliver training as needed.
- Invoice industries and local agencies for instructional training.
- Develop and maintain a strong partnership with CCEDP, NCWorks Career Centers, Region C WFD, the Chamber of Commerce, business and industry, educational and civic organizations in the county and state.
- Represent NCCCS, CCC and CTP to promote activities and convey program capabilities to appropriate persons through meetings, public speaking engagements and other media as appropriate.
- Visit and audit classes to meet internal audit plan requirements and to ensure program quality.
- Follow Continuing Education workflow processes to ensure program integrity and accountability in accordance with NCCCS and state regulatory agency requirements.
- Serve on committees on and off campus as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned and other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Job Post Contact