Closes: Monday, February 26, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- A baccalaureate degree in Industrial Engineering, Industrial Relations, Business Management, Business Administration or related field and five or more years of relevant experience is required.
- Career Readiness Certification (CRC) preferred. CRC attainment is required within six months of hire.
- Knowledge and understanding of WorkKeys, job profiling and CRC is required.
- Demonstrated skills in various computer applications, such Microsoft office products, spreadsheets, databases is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations required.
- Must possess a valid North Carolina driver’s license.
- Must be able to work some nights, weekends, and travel overnight.
- Plan, implement, coordinate, direct and manage training related to the Customized Training Program (CTP) for new and existing business and industry within the guidelines of the North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS) CTP and Wayne Community College (WCC).
- Maintain accurate records, prepare reports and perform other administrative tasks as needed to operate the CTP and its activities within budget guidelines.
- Identify and analyze the training needs of Wayne County business and industry and develop course outlines and strategies to meet those needs promptly and efficiently.
- Negotiate with managers of business and industry to provide education and training onsite and/or at WCC.
- Supervise and direct activities of instructors including the completion of required paperwork such as contracts, registrations, attendance rosters, roll books and visitations and evaluations.
- Represent Wayne Business & Industry Center, WCC and CTP to promote activities and convey program capabilities to appropriate persons through meetings, publicity, public speaking engagements and other media as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain a strong partnership network with the Chamber of Commerce, WORKS Board, Wayne County Economic Development Alliance, business and industry, educational and civic organizations in the county and state.
If selected for employment, the applicant must submit to a criminal background check and drug screening.
INSTITUTION: Wayne Community College is a member of the North Carolina Community College system. Located in Goldsboro, NC, the college serves Wayne and adjoining counties. Wayne Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. A Tobacco Free Campus as of August 1, 2009.
How to Apply
Submit an employment application and all supporting materials, including copies of certifications and post-secondary transcripts via ApplicantOne at https://www.waynecc.edu/jobs. No paper applications will be accepted. Applications will be screened and the most qualified applicants interviewed. All applicants will be notified once the position has been filled.