Closes: Friday, June 16, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate Degree in Business, IT, Data or related program required.
Skills and Abilities
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to prepare research reports and proposals.
- Ability to design and implement systems necessary to collect, maintain, and analyze data.
- Ability to utilize statistical computer software.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Knowledge of research methodology, principles, and procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Provide exceptional customer service with people internal and external to the institution.
- Familiarity with and appreciation for the mission of a comprehensive community college.
- Flexible and adapts to change.
- Ability to multi-task with multiple departments and activities of others.
Bachelor’s preferred or 3-5 years related work experience from an accredited institution
Under the direction of the Dean of Planning and Institutional Effectiveness, coordinate the collection, analysis, and dissemination of data to various stakeholders, both internal and external, using sound research methodologies and current statistical software databases and applications.
Essential Duties Summary
- Use statistical software (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Power BI, JobsEQ, etc.) to produce descriptive statistics and to present information to College personnel for use in institutional decision-making.
- Collaborate with departmental data owners to establish, support, and maintain computerized collection, tracking, and maintenance of pertinent data including institutional dashboards.
- Provide technical and analytical support to departments, committees and administration concerning data needs and statistical analyses.
- Participate and/or represent the Office of Planning and Institutional Effectiveness as needed on task forces, at conferences, and professional meetings.
- Serve as the College’s data manager and IPEDS keyholder, monitor report submissions, and ensure reports are submitted by established due dates.
- Design and/or develop specific databases for collection, tracking, and reporting of research data, as appropriate to the position.
- Collaborate with other staff to provide timely, relevant, and accurate institutional information to internal and external audiences.
- Assist in summarizing and producing reports, models, and data on relevant job market conditions, industry trends, and demographic/workforce information.
- Prepare reports that present information for multiple audiences, including the creation of clear and effective charts, tables, and visualizations as needed.
- Proofread reports, correspondence, and statistical tables for accuracy and completeness, as well as help reconcile discrepancies and investigate data anomalies.
- Maintain security of confidential student and employee information.
- Maintain appropriate records of research methods and results.
- Provide a variety of professional, fiscal, administrative, and/or clerical services to department, as needed.
- Treat students and colleagues respectfully, speak to others courteously, and behave in a way that creates a workplace environment marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communications and interpersonal interaction that are both personally cordial and professional appropriate.
- Serve on committees as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned and other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Participate in professional and staff development opportunities.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact