RCC Service Area
Closes: Thursday, May 20, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Knowledge of Linux and Windows server management, modern networking concepts, unidata and SQL databases, Amazon Web Services, Hyper-V, document imaging, reporting tools, and trouble shooting skills. Effective written and oral communication skills, ability to work effectively as a member of a team, self-motivated, able to work effectively without direct supervision
Associate Degree in an Information Technology related field preferred. NCCCS and Ellucian Colleague experience preferred. Relevant certifications preferred. Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology related field or 3+ years equivalent work experience preferred.
General Description of the Position:
The Database Systems Administrator will report to the Chief Information Office and is responsible for maintaining the college’s ERP and related services, database maintenance, document imaging and other related systems.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Position:
- Manage day to operations of the college’s ERP system.
- Maintain servers locally and in Amazon Web Services.
- Install and configure updates for the ERP system while minimizing downtime during normal business hours.
- Support other database solutions including but not limited to in house developed solutions, document imaging, reporting tools, and ID card solutions.
- Assist with data reporting and report writing.
- Train users and help them trouble shoot problems.
- Oversee audits of security access to college database resources.
- Coordinate college support needs with the North Carolina Community College Systems Office.
- Work with the Network Systems Security Analyst to ensure college systems are secure in our cloud and local infrastructure.
- Serve as backup for Network Systems Administrator.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Available: Immediately. Application review begins: February 8, 2021. To apply: submit the RCC Application and unofficial copies of transcripts or high school equivalency. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
Salary: Salary Level 10. Starting range $42,443-$53,054, commensurate with experience. Full-time position.
Location: RCC service area
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered.
Methods to submit an application:
- Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu
- In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.