Closes: Sunday, September 23, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master’s degree in Nursing, Allied Health or related field from a regionally accredited college, university, or equivalent.
Five years of increasingly responsible academic program administration, teaching experience and supervisory experience. Extensive experience in organizing and handling multiple complex tasks.
Preferred: Experience with Ellucian (formerly Datatel)/Informer. Experience in developing, teaching, and monitoring online instruction.
Full-time 12 month position reports to the Vice President of Academics. This position plans, oversees, organizes and directs the activities of Allied Health and Public Services and support functions including Learning Resources to ensure that assigned functions fulfill applicable Federal, State, and College academic goals and objectives; to select, supervise, train, evaluate academic, personnel and assigned. Demonstrate evidence of a career that includes flexibility and willingness to change; open-mindedness, fairness and the ability to see multiple perspectives; a willingness to take risks, and willingness to accept responsibility for professional and personal growth.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Develop, plan, implement and administer academic and administrative goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures necessary to provide assigned services and functions to College departments, programs, and services; recommend and approve new or modified systems, policies and procedures.
2. Provide strong leadership in benchmarking, professional development, innovation, distance education, change management; and use of instructional technologies.
3. Analyze current and trend data to make data-driven decisions and make recommendations for the continuous quality improvement of BCCC.
4. Direct the curriculum and learning resources review process; review and align existing services with resource allocations.
5. Develop and administer the budget for assigned functions; direct the forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies; monitor and approve expenditures.
6. Represent the College at community and outside organization functions.
7. Effectively market College programs and recruit students and faculty. Develop partnerships with businesses and industries while pursing articulation agreements with colleges and universities.
8. Oversee the activities and operations of a learning-centered college and academic related programs to ensure that the Division’s operations support the goals and objectives of the College and the needs of the student population.
9. Maintain awareness in current developments and trends in management, higher education, and fields related to assigned functions.
10. Maintain an effective collaborative work environment through team building and positive reinforcement techniques at all levels of supervision, planning, and implementation.
11. Select, train, motivate, and evaluate academic and learning resources personnel and staff; establish and monitor annual employee performance objectives/goals; prepare and present employee performance reviews; provide or coordinate staff training; and implement performance improvement procedures.
12. Supervise the enrollment reporting and accountability functions of Allied Health and Public Services; evaluate productivity reports and prepare recommendations, as needed.
13. Direct and oversee the strategic planning function in the Allied Health and Public Services Division; ensure conformity of programs and activities with long-range priorities, goals, and objectives of the College.
14. Perform internal audits to maintain compliance with the NCCCS program/FTE audits.
15. Counsel and advise students, faculty, and staff on a variety of academic and administrative matters.
16. Continually develop and improve self and faculty through professional development.
17. Serve on College committees and screening/interview committees as assigned.
18. Perform other duties as assigned.