VGCC Main Campus
Henderson, NC 27536
Closes: Saturday, June 30, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution required.
2. Academic preparation that meets minimum SACSCOC criteria for teaching in a divisional academic program required.
3. College-level teaching experience required.
4. Two to three years of administrative leadership experience in higher education at the academic division or discipline level required.
5. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships within the College and community
6. Ability to manage multiple complex projects in a timely manner, and skill in presenting ideas and concepts verbally and in writing required.
Experience in a community college preferred.
1. Promote student learning and academic completion through divisional and departmental initiatives.
2. Responsible for all fiscal matters at division level. Prepares and administers division budgets, requisitions, and maintains inventory for supplies, equipment, books, repairs, etc. Plans for, requests, and disburses operational, travel, and other funds legally, responsibly, and fairly within given budget limitations.
3. Provide curricular leadership in relation to College-wide goals by initiating, sustaining, delivering, or eliminating academic programs and college core curricula in accordance with strategic planning goals. Supervises department chairs in the construction of class schedules based on student needs and institutional resources including advisement and registration. Serves as an advisor to students. Serves as an instructor, meeting obligations of the Instructor’s job description which includes experimenting with new, innovative teaching techniques and methodologies.
4. Develop, articulate, and present the vision for the division based on data and research. Translates this vision into strategic goals by developing a division action and assessment plan related to College mission and strategic planning objectives. Works collegially with division faculty to ensure collaboration and successful implementation of division mission.
5. Prepare reports, plans, and analyses to document and advance division activities, initiatives and development. Actively represents the division and the College to students, professional organizations, articulation partners, business and industry and other relevant constituencies.
6. Provide academic leadership for all programs and courses as indicated under the organizational chart. Responsible for the academic integrity of all courses and programs to include design, delivery, and faculty credentials under the academic area responsible.
7. Recommend to the VP procedures related to developing new curriculum and the review and revision existing curriculum ensuring compliance with agency regulations. Encourages, supports, and evaluates department chairs and division faculty in the development of innovative teaching techniques, considering student needs and available resources; supervises program reviews; ensures successful accreditation; and facilitates activities at the division level to seamlessly integrate division goals with all-college goals.
8. Ensure documented division, program, and course assessment through development of learning objectives, appropriate strategies, and feedback to ensure academic excellence and integrity of programs. Maintains appropriate records of course syllabi, evaluations, schedules, of staff and faculty supervised. Ensures instructor teaching load averages are with acceptable ranges as established by the Administrative Policy Manual.
9. Responsible for human resource management of division faculty and staff. Develops long-range staffing plans to include new faculty hires, retirements, and adequate support staff that are aligned with program delivery, enrollment, and market projections; prepares job descriptions and other documentation for all positions, recommend search committees; supervises search processes; recommends appointment of appropriately qualified faculty and staff; renders timely, professional judgment on periodic evaluations, reappointments, and promotion. Assists in the orientation of new faculty members and assists in the designing of professional development opportunities for all faculty & staff.
10. Participate in college-wide strategic planning activities, especially as related to academic matters. Develops, maintains, reviews & evaluates division plans and academic policies. Coordinates with the office of Planning and Research to produce institutional plans.
11. Engages in scheduled meetings, assigned institutional committees, and college initiatives and activities. Ensures that program advisory committee meetings are held annually with minutes recorded and submitted to the Vice President.
12. Strategically collaborate with all divisions across the college on each campus to achieve College goals.
13. Supervise the administration of and ensures the academic quality of special programs, facilities, and centers assigned to and utilized by the college. (Simulation Center, Early College, etc.)
14. Assume other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Vance-Granville Community College
Human Resources Department
252-492-2061 Ext. 3462