Dean, Business, Creative and Performing Arts
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, June 16, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution in a discipline taught within the division (summary below).
- Five years of post-secondary teaching experience in a field represented within the Division.
- Three years of progressive academic administrative experience in a postsecondary institution.
- Experience with faculty supervision including performance evaluation.
- Experience in budget development and management.
- Experience with enrollment management, curriculum/program development, and assessment.
- Experience in building collaborative community/workforce education partnerships.
- Experience with programmatic accreditation and regulatory compliance processes.
- Doctoral degree from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
- Greater than five years of post-secondary teaching experience in a field represented within the Division.
- Greater than three years of progressive academic administrative experience in a postsecondary institution.
- Community college teaching and/or administrative experience
- Experience with distance learning modalities and management.
Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC) is currently the fourth largest of NC. Community College System’s 58 institutions. On our six campuses and through our online offerings, we annually serve approximately 27,500 students, 60% of whom are students of color. We strive to offer programs that provide equitable educational outcomes for all students representing all backgrounds, including, but not limited to, ability, age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status. At GTCC, we are committed to cultivating a workplace culture of inclusion that welcomes, develops, supports, and empowers employees. We are looking for an exceptional leader, who shares our institutional mission, vision, and values, to join the team as our new Dean, Business, Creative and Performing Arts.
Responsible for providing divisional leadership that supports the mission, vision and strategic goals of the College. Responsible for the development, implementation, evaluation and management of assigned instructional programs, services, budget and division employees. Provides leadership in curriculum, academic assessment, strategic planning and budgeting. Employs enrollment management and retention strategies. Fosters collaborative working relationships with internal and external counterparts to communicate and coordinate initiatives that support College and instructional goals. Includes the following instructional programs: Accounting, Business, Supply Chain Management, Small Business Center, Cosmetology, Early Childhood Education, Entrepreneurship, Hospitality/Culinary, Paralegal, Entertainment Technology, Advertising & Graphic Design, Art, Music and Theater.
How to Apply
For the complete job description and to apply online, go to https://gtcc.peopleadmin.com/postings/7528.
Job Post Contact