Closes: Friday, August 30, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution required.
- Degree and academic preparation must meet the minimum accreditation criteria of SACSCOC for teaching in a divisional program.
- Five years’ experience in post-secondary teaching required.
- Two years’ experience in a college administrative position at the department head level or above required.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships within the College and community, ability to manage multiple projects in a timely manner, and skill in presenting ideas and concepts verbally and in writing required.
- Dean-level and/or community college experience preferred.
- Experience in manufacturing/industry preferred.
Open until filled - review of applications will begin 7/25/19.
Serve as senior academic line officer for the College and report to the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
Provide divisional leadership in promoting excellence in teaching and learning; ensure that high professional standards and effective curriculum are maintained within each department; support the achievement of the division’s stated goals in support of the mission of the College; manage, coordinate, and supervise daily operations and functions of the division.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement goals and objectives that support the mission of the College to achieve quality instruction and compliance with accreditation and industry standards for academic programs; gather facts and opinions from internal and external sources as a basis for planning; develop long- and short-range goals for the fulfillment of the division’s mission; develop strategies that facilitate the achievement of goals; communicate divisional and departmental goals; monitor and evaluate progress toward meeting goals.
- Supervise, evaluate, and continually improve academic programs. Implement and review curriculum changes; write new program proposals; monitor new program development; evaluate programs and make appropriate recommendations; assist in the assessment and analysis of community, business/industry or public school needs; help determine College instructional priorities based on mission, institutional objectives and current and projected resources; collaborate with the North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS) in revising programs, promoting academic program advancement, and enhancing College delivery systems and off-campus sites based on educational and job market trends.
- Administer allocation of Perkins grant funds in support of post-secondary career and technical education programs.
- Promote student success and academic completion through divisional and departmental initiatives.
- Propose, monitor, and revise the academic division’s annual budget including the coordination of ongoing analysis of needs, staffing recommendations, managing instructional resources such as equipment and space, materials selection, facilities utilization, and operational expenses.Assist with coordinating and improving various academic support services such as advising, registration, business services, safety, Americans with Disability Act (ADA), and work-based learning.
- Actively participate in the hiring and selection of full- and part-time positions for the division and ensure that all applicable credentialing requirements are met; provide orientation of new faculty and staff.
- Supervise, manage, evaluate, and coach faculty and staff for the division; create and implement incentive and retention programs; and make personnel-related recommendations regarding performance management, as appropriate.
- Determine professional development needs and promote growth for the division and assist faculty and staff in meeting associated goals and objectives.Develop and implement programs and strategies to assist faculty with classroom management and addressing student needs.
- In collaboration with department chairs, prepare schedules of course offerings; monitor faculty loads; supervise all divisional instructional programs to include instruction at all College sites during days, evenings, and weekends.
- Maintain student and faculty records; keep files of course syllabi and course descriptions; coordinate selection of instructional materials.
- Work with chambers of commerce, county government, county schools, and service area industry by serving on committees and serving as liaison between the College and those entities on matters involving aspects of the instructional unit and the College; provide for appropriate interaction and cooperation with other post-secondary institutions and the public schools including articulation agreements.
- As needed, participate in marketing and outreach activities to promote the College, support its programs and events, and assist with student success, recruitment, and retention.
- Prepare reports relative to individual and departmental productivity level, institutional effectiveness, and accreditation standards.
- Serve on the Dean’s Council; work in collaboration with vice presidents, deans, and other administrators to effectively serve students and employees; assist with improvements in advising, registration, budgeting, business services, safety, ADA, facilities utilization, and cooperative education.
- Maintain a high standard of professional and ethical practice in representing the College.Maintain confidentiality of sensitive and/or confidential information.Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the field or discipline with continued adherence to professional accountability.Provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships.Accept responsibility for managing situations and problems.Utilize independent judgment in problem-solving of complex issues. Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives.Adhere to the College’s policies, procedures, and other established guidelines.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact