RichmondCC Service Area
Closes: Monday, October 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Proven ability to successfully plan and manage complex projects and meet organizational goals. Applicant must possess entrepreneurial ability to implement positive change. Create and assess courses and services for adult learners, business, and industry with proven ability to collaborate with internal and external partners. Demonstrable leadership skills needed to promote and maintain a culture of continuous improvement and customer/client satisfaction. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution in business administration, higher education administration, or related field required. Minimum of 5 years leadership experience in a complex public or private organization required. Demonstrated experience working with a multicultural, racially, and ethnically diverse population is required. Successful experience in industrial and economic development preferred.
Successful experience in industrial and economic development preferred.
This position, reporting to the VP of Instruction, is responsible for the planning, development, implementation, assessment, and support of the college’s courses and services to corporate partners and adult learners within the following functions of the College:
- Customized Training for Business and Industry
- Pre-employment Courses
- Small Business Center
- Short Term Occupational Courses
- Personal Enrichment Courses
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Provide overall leadership of the unit, ensuring that the services meet the needs of students, employees, and the community.
- Set divisional objectives in concordance with the College vision/mission statement and in collaboration with the VP of Instruction and other Deans.
- Regularly evaluate the performance of employees within the division, and the fulfillment of outcomes, goals, and standards that support the College mission.
- Develop, implement, and assess courses and services that satisfy the economic, workforce development, and cultural needs of the service area.
- Work with VP for Instruction to plan divisional staffing, including both full-time and adjuncts. Ensure that adjunct instructors are properly oriented to all institutional procedures and policies.
- Provide opportunities for employees to participate in appropriate and meaningful professional development activities.
- Responsible for enrollment and college performance measures related to areas of responsibility.
- Coordinate industrial training and entrepreneurial development efforts with the VP for Instruction and all appropriate state, county, and business officials.
- Actively manage and monitor student completion, retention, and recruitment efforts within the division.
- Effectively manage departmental budgets, including revenue projections.
- Actively participate as a member of the President’s Leadership Team.
- Collaborate with the VP of Instruction and VP of Marketing/Strategic Planning to promote courses and services internally and externally.
- Represent the Vice President and the College as needed with groups appropriate to functions of the unit.
- Lead activities and projects as requested by the President.
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
Open Until Filled