Franklin Campus, Louisburg, NC
Closes: Friday, July 31, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Master’s Degree in Business, Management, Human Performance Technology, or related field
• 5+ years of high-level workforce development and training experience.
• 3+ years of Administrative/ Supervisory experience.
• 2+ year of Higher Education experience.
Doctoral Degree in Business, Management, Human Performance Technology, or related field.
• Responsible for Corporate Learning and Professional Development program offerings aligned with area business, local government, and organization needs.
• Develop and maintain a robust contact database for marketing courses and programs.
• With the assistance of VGCC Human Resources, recruit faculty to teach Corporate Learning and Professional Development courses.
• Assist in the development and facilitation of courses and workshops where appropriate.
• Develop, maintain, review, and evaluate corporate learning and professional development division plans.
• Lead the design of the organizational structure and coordinates all activities within the Corporate Learning and Professional Development area to include but not be limited to:
• Providing administrative leadership in areas of program development, program assessment, budget and finance for corporate learning and professional development.
• Preparing reports and plans and analyzing documents.
• Representing the college to students, professional organizations, articulation partners, business and industry, and other relevant constituencies.
• Maintaining communication and cooperative relationships with communities of industry, business, government agencies, and civic organizations which VGCC serves.
• Providing leadership to College-wide goals by participating in the marketing, planning, and preparation of continuing education class schedules in tandem with other divisional deans and directors.
• Provide support to the Human Resource Director for internal professional development programs that may utilize Corporate Learning and Professional Development course offerings.
• Collaboratively participate in leadership for all programs and services at VGCC Franklin Campus with the academic and student services deans in the Student Learning, Engagement, and Success division.
• Responsible for credit program and student services which are overseen by the respective academic deans and student success deans.
• Responsible for fiscal matters relating to Franklin campus.
• Prepare, control, review, revise, and administer satellite campus budget recommendations.
• Submit requisitions while maintaining inventory for supplies, equipment, books, repairs, etc.
• Initiate plans and request operational disbursements, travel, and other funds through all legal processing of budget limitations.
• Provide oversight for fiscal matters related to Corporate Learning and Professional Development.
• Facilitate all activities at the satellite campus to integrate campus goals with VGCC goals.
• Actively participate in scheduled meetings and assigned institutional committees in relation to college initiatives and activities.
• Engage in programs of personal professional development.
• Participate in annual program advisory committee meetings.
• Participate in college-wide strategic planning activities.
• Assume administrative responsibility for all employees assigned under the Organizational Chart for department area of leadership.
• Supervise facility upkeep and maintenance utilized by the college.
• Monitor and communicate any physical needs, issues, or concerns related to both existing and new construction facilities.
• Assume other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Workforce and Community Engagement.
The following listing of essential job duties indicates the general nature and level of work required in this job. This is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required in this job. Individuals assigned to this job may be asked to perform other duties as required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact