Closes: Sunday, November 7, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Instructional Design, Education or a related field (Masters Degree preferred)
- At least five years previous management, administrative, and supervisory experience
- Prior experience with business or collegiate program administration
- Prior experience in training, team building and professional development
Masters Degree in Business, Instructional Design, Education or a related field
Under the supervision of the Vice President of Workforce and Community Engagement, the Dean of Corporate Learning & Professional Development is responsible for carrying out the College’s vision and mission as they relate to corporate training and internal and external professional development. Translates the vision into strategic goals by developing an assessment plan related to the College mission and strategic planning objectives. The principal purpose of this position is to initiate training in the areas of Conflict Management, Diversity and Inclusion, Leadership Management, Project Management, Team Building, Myers Briggs and DISC, and “C” Suite engagement. This position will also oversee and/or assist in scheduling and creating Personal Enrichment courses. The Dean will work with satellite campus faculty and staff to ensure collaboration for successful implementation of the satellite campus mission.
The following listing of essential job duties indicates the general nature and level of work required in this job. This is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required in this job. Individuals assigned to this job may be asked to perform other duties as required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job.
Leads the design of the organizational structure and coordinates all activities within the program to include but not be limited to:
- Provides administrative leadership in areas of program development, program assessment, budget and finance for corporate learning, professional development and personal enrichment and services at VGCC Franklin Campus.
- Maintains a database of potential Corporate Learning and Professional Development client institutions and directly markets learning opportunities.
- Participates in the delivery of corporate training programs (examples may include: Conflict Management, Diversity and Inclusion, Leadership Management, Project Management, Team Building, Myers Briggs and DISC, and “C” Suite engagement)
- Supports the VGCC Human Resources office through internal leadership training referrals and/or facilitation.
- Prepares reports, plans and analyzes administrative documents.
- Implements campus activities and development in coordination with Student Activities.
- Represents the college to students, professional organizations, articulation partners, business and industry, and other relevant constituencies.
- Maintains communication and cooperative relationships with communities of industry, business, government agencies, and civic organizations which VGCC serves.
- Provides a Franklin Campus voice to college-wide activities to other deans and directors responsible for marketing, recommending, planning, preparing curriculum and continuing education class schedules.
- Prepares, controls, reviews, revises, and administers satellite campus budget recommendations.
- Submits requisitions while maintaining inventory for supplies, equipment, books, repairs, etc.
- Provides oversight for fiscal matters related to Corporate Learning and Professional Development, Personal Enrichment and the Franklin Campus.
- Makes recommendations to VP on procedures related to developing new programs, revising and review of existing programs.
- Ensures compliance of all college and industry regulations.
- Actively participates in scheduled meetings, assigned institutional committees in relation to college initiatives and activities.
- Ensures program advisory committee meetings are held annually in compliance with protocol of recording and submission.
- Participates in college-wide strategic planning activities.
- Develops, maintains, reviews, implements and evaluates division plans, for Corporate Learning and Professional Development and Personal Enrichment programs.
- Assumes administrative responsibility for all employees assigned under the Organizational Chart for department area of leadership.
- Monitors and communicates any physical needs, issues, or concerns related to both existing and new construction facilities.
- Assumes other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Workforce and Community Engagement.
Job Post Contact