RichmondCC service area
Closes: Thursday, September 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Must have an understanding of, and a commitment to, the open door philosophy and to the mission and goals of the College. Demonstrated proficiency in an educational leadership role. Must be able to work collaboratively with other educational leaders. Academic qualifications to teach engineering curriculum courses.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Master’s degree and sufficient graduate credits and professional experience to fully meet SACS-COC criteria for faculty preparation to teach in an associate degree engineering or trades program. Demonstrated experience working with a multicultural, racially, and ethnically diverse population is required.
Five year’s administrative work experience in adult education or five years of experience in instructional supervision preferred.
General Description: Under the authority and supervision of the VP for Instruction, the Dean of Engineering and Trades is responsible for all curriculum and non-curriculum classes in the Engineering and Trades areas. The position focuses on student success in all programs supervised. The Dean of Engineering and Trades will supervise engineering and trade curriculum Program Coordinators and non-curriculum Program Directors. This will require a positive working relationship with the Program Coordinators and Directors of these programs. In conjunction with the other academic Deans, the Dean of Engineering and Trades is responsible for instructional planning and scheduling.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Under the supervision of the VP for Instruction, coordinate current, and future, curriculum and non-curriculum Engineering and Trades programs.
- Optimize collaborative relationships with appropriate stakeholders, partners, and employers, both directly and through program advisory committees.
- Ensure that all program remain current and relevant.
- Supervise Program Coordinators and Program Directors in the efficient annual scheduling of curriculum and non-curriculum classes.
- Coordinate with the other academic Deans in the long range-range scheduling of curriculum and non-curriculum classes.
- Monitor all curriculum and non-curriculum classes under the Dean of Engineering and Trade’s supervision for online content. This includes the quantity and quality of material included in the online portion of each class.
- In conjunction with the Program Directors, Program Coordinators, and the other academic Deans, recruit and recommend adjunct faculty for employment to the VP for Instruction and provide instructional and administrative support for these adjunct faculty members.
- Work with VP for Instruction to help plan faculty staffing, including both full-time and adjuncts.
- At the direction of the VP for Instruction and in conjunction with the Program Directors, Program Coordinators, and the other academic Deans, the Dean of Engineering and Trades will coordinate the development of new programs and the review, evaluation, and modification of Richmond Community College’s existing curriculum and non-curriculum programs. At a minimum this review, evaluation, and modification will include monitoring each program’s online planning platform, formal five-year program reviews, and accreditation when appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned by the VP for Instruction.
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered.
Methods to submit an application:
- Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu
- In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.
Position Available: January 1, 2022. Application review begins September 30, 2021. To apply: submit the RCC Application and unofficial copies of transcripts. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
Salary: RCC Salary Level 15. Starting range, $62,784 - $78,480, commensurate with experience.
Twelve-month staff position.
Location: RCC Service Area
Contact: Human Resources
Richmond Community College
PO Box 1189, Hamlet, NC 28345
Phone: (910) 410-1804
Fax: (910) 582-7028
Equal Opportunity Employer