Closes: Monday, July 15, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master's Degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum three years of progressive leadership experience in financial aid, admissions or other related student services area within a higher education setting
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent public relations, speaking, and writing skills
- Ability to understand and interpret College policies and procedures
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team environment without close supervision
- Experience with student learning outcomes and program assessment
- Strong computer skills and commitment to the use of technology in education
- Willingness to work some evening and weekend hours and travel
- Commitment to the mission and purpose of community college education
- Effectiveness in the following College organizational competencies:
- Translating College purpose, values and vision into organizational action
- Collaborating and facilitating
- Creating and innovating
- Anticipating and responding to change
- Providing vision and leadership
- Doctorate degree in Higher Education Administration, Organizational Leadership or other Student Personnel Administration concentration.
- Fluency in Spanish
The Dean, Enrollment Services, is responsible for the overall planning and operation of comprehensive enrollment services, including recruitment, admissions, registration, records, financial aid, and veteran's affairs that establishes a welcoming environment for students. In addition, the Dean oversees middle and high school initiatives including, but not limited to Career & College Promise, Talent Search and Upward Bound programs. Some evenings and weekend hours are required for this position as well as occasional travel.
- The Dean reports to the Vice President, Student Affairs and has the following responsibilities:
- Provides leadership in establishing a student-centered enrollment experience for students based upon defined student learning and program outcomes for the comprehensive enrollment process.
- Works collaboratively with academic affairs and other campus service areas to maximize enrollment opportunities for students, evaluates the effectiveness of the student success model and ensures accuracy and completeness of information communicated to students through the enrollment process.
- Supervises, evaluates, and provides professional development opportunities for a team of enrollment services staff.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local laws and institutional policies governing the college's participation in programs and services to students, including veteran students and federal programs.
- Establishes and maintains an effective credentials evaluation program including credit transfer from colleges and universities, military credit, international student credit, non-traditional credit and credentials evaluations for certification of graduation requirements.
- Provides general oversight and direction in the management of departmental processes and the overall enrollment services budget through appropriate planning, completion of scheduling activities, and assuring adequacy of supplies, equipment, and facilities.
- Responsible for providing leadership in the overall coordination and integration of enrollment services functional areas, including dual enrollment programs, special credit and continuing education programs and maximizes the use of technology to improve and streamline enrollment processes for students.
- Represents the College to prospective students, parents, external partners and the general public.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with external community agencies, organizations, service area school districts and higher education institutions that promote outreach and facilitate student enrollment.
- Establishes an environment of equity, sensitivity, understanding and respect for the diversity, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Serves as a contact to the Department of Education and provides general oversight for federally funded Talent Search and Upward Bound programs and other student success initiatives connected to college admissions and student enrollment.
- Critically evaluates and uses data to inform decision-making in planning, implementation and assessment of student success practices and departments within enrollment services.
- Actively participates in planning and decision-making for student success initiatives; participates in campus committees, attends college and division events and meetings and represents the college as appropriate on issues related to student enrollment services.
- Supports the mission, vision, and values of the College.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Vice President, Student Affairs.